First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased these for my coupe last week, but upon receipt, I noticed that the tab supports on the bottom are REALLY flimsy. One of them is already falling off, and the install hasn't even begun yet. Has anyone tried to custom fab any additional support brackets for these side skirts? Any suggestions?
Did you get the ABSDynamics one or Ikon skirt? How did the install go if you went through with it?

Also, it sort of sucks that the ABS side skirt for the coupe is only avaliable with CF print, I want to get a matching gloss black one for my front lip... too bad the coupe aftermarket is limited.
Sponsored

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you get the ABSDynamics one or Ikon skirt? How did the install go if you went through with it?

Also, it sort of sucks that the ABS side skirt for the coupe is only avaliable with CF print, I want to get a matching gloss black one for my front lip... too bad the coupe aftermarket is limited.
Got the ABSDynamics skirts. Haven't installed yet, largely because custom fabbing brackets has been a misadventure without the proper tools. I'm now considering using SteelStik to mold a sleeve for each support and reinforcing the joints connecting them to the skirt. Open to alternative ideas, though.

JD9

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed the ABS Dynamics side skirts today:

20190727_131405.jpg

20190727_134453.jpg

Install was fairly straightforward but the fitment on the front wasn't 100% so it took a bit of work.. overall pretty satisfied with the look!
Looks great! Did you have to remove your car's side skirts to add on the extensions? I actually purchased these but was forced to return them because the shop that I took them to said that they did not fit right and should not be installed without drilling into the body.

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
Looks great! Did you have to remove your car's side skirts to add on the extensions? I actually purchased these but was forced to return them because the shop that I took them to said that they did not fit right and should not be installed without drilling into the body.
thx! that shop doesn't know what they are talking about if they tried to install it right along the body line, no need to remove side skirts but it would make it easier. and you will have to drill into the body where the tab's sit and on front and rear of the side skirts, i believe ikon motorsports is better, it mounts via the existing holes under your rocker panels.

Reactions: JD9

Senpai's SGP

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Do they not sell them anymore? Links no longer work and cant find them on their websites

Hydrolic11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinking about getting the Ikon sports one on my EX. Does anyone know what functional purposes these tabs are, and will they get in the way of installation? These tabs are on both sides, near the rear tire
Honda Civic 10th gen IKON VS ABSDYNAMICS SIDE SKIRTS InkedIMG_2969_LI

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinking about getting the Ikon sports one on my EX. Does anyone know what functional purposes these tabs are, and will they get in the way of installation? These tabs are on both sides, near the rear tire
I think I saw somewhere that they are rub indicators or something. Tells you you are rubbing before doing damage to the actual fender\bumper.

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Patiently waiting for the ABS side skirts to be back in stock

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
Hey all. I want to purchase the Ikon skirts for my ‘19 Si sedan because I like how they’re lower in the back and fit quite easily. But I was wondering (and this might be a stupid question) but do the skirts cover the jack points along the bottom of the frame? Because the last thing I want to do is take them off every time I jack the car up or it gets put on a frame lift at the tire shop. Thanks!!

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still haven't installed mine, but fwiw it does not look like the jack points would be covered up on the absdynamics version.

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
Hey all. I want to purchase the Ikon skirts for my ‘19 Si sedan because I like how they’re lower in the back and fit quite easily. But I was wondering (and this might be a stupid question) but do the skirts cover the jack points along the bottom of the frame? Because the last thing I want to do is take them off every time I jack the car up or it gets put on a frame lift at the tire shop. Thanks!!
nope the jack points are all clear :)

Hydrolic11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did anyone have to remove these tabs, before installing the Ikon sideskirts, or is this only an EX thing?

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
Did anyone have to remove these tabs, before installing the Ikon sideskirts, or is this only an EX thing?
You just remove the little plugs. Model is irrelevant. Can’t post it here it seems but there’s a video by DaggerProductions on YouTube showing how to install them. Mine arrive on Monday but after the research I’ve done it looks like they’ll be just as easy to install as most front lips except more stable.

BrianAngel702

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Will either side skirts fit on the EX hatchback? I was informed the other day through Honda that all these models have different wheelbase and width
Sponsored