Country flag

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ikon sit lower on the back half of the side skirt than the ABS dynamics. That is enough for me to choose the ABS ones. Look how low under that edge that runs along the side skirt it sits, the abs sits higher like the factory sport and factory type r ones do. As far as how they install, I do like the ikon as they are designed to use the same clips at the bottom as the oem side skirt and you just have to add a screw at each wheel well. I have personally test fitted the ikon ones to know that. I don't care for how low they sit is all. I was going to buy the ABS but I think for $60 more I'm going to just order OEM sport skirts instead. They will fit hatches and sedans btw.

OP
OP
ricoxg

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ikon sit lower on the back half of the side skirt than the ABS dynamics. That is enough for me to choose the ABS ones. Look how low under that edge that runs along the side skirt it sits, the abs sits higher like the factory sport and factory type r ones do. As far as how they install, I do like the ikon as they are designed to use the same clips at the bottom as the oem side skirt and you just have to add a screw at each wheel well. I have personally test fitted the ikon ones to know that. I don't care for how low they sit is all. I was going to buy the ABS but I think for $60 more I'm going to just order OEM sport skirts instead. They will fit hatches and sedans btw.
Do you know the ABS dynamics will install easier? Thanks for the information :)

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know about the ABS as I haven't seen it in person. It appears to mount somewhat the same, the mounting tabs underneath seem different and I can't find any good pictures of it so I can't really help you there. I just decided to spend the extra $60 and buy the factory sport skirts as I know they are easy to install and fit perfect. they run about $250 from the dealer for the set and come painted already.

OP
OP
ricoxg

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know about the ABS as I haven't seen it in person. It appears to mount somewhat the same, the mounting tabs underneath seem different and I can't find any good pictures of it so I can't really help you there. I just decided to spend the extra $60 and buy the factory sport skirts as I know they are easy to install and fit perfect. they run about $250 from the dealer for the set and come painted already.
Those will for for the Civic Si sendan? Interested

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, the stock sport skirts from a hatchback fit an Si sedan. I just saw a thread yesterday with a black Si sedan running the sport skirts.

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Do you have a part number or link for the oem ones?

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Part numbers will vary by color of your car, go to Hondapartsnetwork.com and select any year sport or sport touring hatch. click on interior/bumpers and it should show up. the direct link is https://www.hondapartsnetwork.com/v...-sport--variable/interior-bumper--under-cover. find your color, scroll down for the other side part number. it lists them as right and then left.
So these will fit a sedan ex? Also the side skirt comes Gloss black or matte from the factory? Thanks!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pics of oem on your car?

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So these will fit a sedan ex? Also the side skirt comes Gloss black or matte from the factory? Thanks!
The extra piece that is on the sport skirts is gloss black, it comes with the whole skirt as one piece so you would order the skirt in your cars color and it comes with the gloss black extension installs also.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pics of oem on your car?
I don't have them yet, waiting for taxes to order them. I just saw a thread with a black Si sedan running to sport hatch skirts. I can't remember what thread it was unfortunately but the sedan and hatch skirts are the same from what I have seen. I know the aftermarket type r styles fit both as I have test fitted them myself and helped my friend install on his EX sedan.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
Does anyone have a preference between these two side skirts? They both look very similar but i was wondering if one is better than the other.

http://www.absdynamics.com/2016-201...-side-under-panel-add-on_SS-C164DCTR_1984.php

https://www.ikonmotorsports.com/fit...-type-r-style-side-skirts-pp-carbon-look.html
Are you posting these stating they are basically direct fit for the standard civic hatch?

I know people have attwmptea to fit the type r OEM with difficulty. Are these custom made to fit the base model?
Sponsored