First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As over-styled as the hatchback is in the rear end, I always felt it was missing something. So I risked 79 bucks (ebay) and purchased the Ikon Spoiler Type A already painted Glossy Black. A deal if you ask me! The stands measure exactly 5" at the base which is what the factory spoiler width is, but I ended up making new mounts out of plastic which are a hair shorter than the ones provided, and my angle isn't as sharp which keeps the spoiler more level. Certainly, the provided mounts could've been used. Most importantly, my plastic blocks allowed me to mount solely with 3M tape. Zero holes so far. Praying it doesn't fly away at 70mph. Time will tell! Whole thing is gloss black...no LED brake light which isn't needed on the hatch. What do you think?

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! IMG_1250.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! IMG_1247.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! IMG_1240.JPG

View attachment 160657

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! IMG_1237.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! IMG_1235.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! IMG_1258.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I don’t think it looks awful. It looks nice. Just not something I would use on my own car.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's awesome! I really hope the tape holds for ya! do you happen to have the link for the original?

OP
OP
jtrader

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t think it looks awful. It looks nice. Just not something I would use on my own car.
Thanks! I kinda love it. The only way I think it could be better is if it was Lunar Silver.

That's awesome! I really hope the tape holds for ya! do you happen to have the link for the original?
Thanks, I just took it up to 70mph w/ no issues! Here's the link. Shipping was faster than quoted.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-16-19.../371802014982?fits=Model:Civic&epid=697718462

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
i think it looks terrible. it just doesn't flow. but i dont blame you. Honda didnt leave much room for imrpovement in terms of looks for this car. honestly, its already pushing the limit (from an aesthetic standpoint) that anything you do to the exterior just looks tacky.

It's a shame cause this paltform is one of the best Hondas put out but it's just stuffed into also one of the most controversial bodies out there.

and i have a Sport too. more and more, im looking around and honestly it just doesnt look like we can upgrade the Sport to make it look better...aside from maybe lowering it a little bit.

OP
OP
jtrader

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think it looks terrible. it just doesn't flow. but i dont blame you. Honda didnt leave much room for imrpovement in terms of looks for this car. honestly, its already pushing the limit (from an aesthetic standpoint) that anything you do to the exterior just looks tacky.

It's a shame cause this paltform is one of the best Hondas put out but it's just stuffed into also one of the most controversial bodies out there.

and i have a Sport too. more and more, im looking around and honestly it just doesnt look like we can upgrade the Sport to make it look better...aside from maybe lowering it a little bit.
I 99% agree with you. But "terrible" is a bit harsh. It really does look good in person. I had a 60yo coworker come up to me the other day and tell me he loves my car and the spoiler addition. But I can appreciate it not being everyone's cup of tea. Overall, I hate the fake rear vents. (I can handle them on the front) I wish our rear-end was like the coupe. I'm hoping the 2020 hatches get refreshed and we can slap on its new rear bumper cover.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

This is the only aftermarket one I've seen that I could see putting on my own car. Most just don't flow with the hatchback style at all, other than the Type R spoiler.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Painted-Colo...DTO-V-Style-Rear-Trunk-Spoiler-19/28028424685

OP
OP
jtrader

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the only aftermarket one I've seen that I could see putting on my own car. Most just don't flow with the hatchback style at all, other than the Type R spoiler.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Painted-Colo...DTO-V-Style-Rear-Trunk-Spoiler-19/28028424685
Yup, I strongly considered that one. If only it didn't have the odd sharp points. Reminds me of the old Napster logo or something.... I disagree on the type r spoiler. I think mine flows way better than that monstrous thing. Type R spoiler deletes are sexy.

Feel the flow... :love:

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! image3

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! image4

Honda Civic 10th gen Ikon Spoiler on a Hatchback Sport! image2

Last edited:

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
jtrader

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could this spoiler fit my sedan as well?
Yup, it's designed for the sedan and coupe. If you get creative you could support it with a quality 3m tape. But I'd probably drill the holes.

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
Yup, I strongly considered that one. If only it didn't have the odd sharp points. Reminds me of the old Napster logo or something.... I disagree on the type r spoiler. I think mine flows way better than that monstrous thing. Type R spoiler deletes are sexy.

Feel the flow... :love:

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image2.jpeg
Nice. the lower mounts look better imo. I just wish honda or any manufacturer could make some top spoiler delete kit (besides the type-r vortex).
Sponsored