btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thx for the advice guys. I'll definitely remove the bumper as I don't want to damage anything.
Sponsored

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok so I got them installed today and removing the bumper was definitely the way to go. While I was at it I also changed the brake, reverse, and turn signal bulbs to ALLA LEDs. Everything works great except I'm getting hyper flashing with the turn signals now. My front turn signals are still the original halogen bulbs so I thought I read somewhere that this wouldn't happen. They work perfectly when the hazzards are on. Any ideas? These are the turn signal LEDs:
Alla Lighting Super Bright T20 7440 7443 LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs WY21W 7440NA 7444NA 7440 7443 LED Bulbs High Power 2835 Chipsets 7440 7443 Amber Yellow Cars Trucks Blinker Lights Lamp Replacement

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
The hazards work on a separate circuit so they'll flash normally.

You need to install bulbs that have resistors built in so that the more efficient LED consumes about the same amount of current as a regular filament bulb.

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The hazards work on a separate circuit so they'll flash normally.

You need to install bulbs that have resistors built in so that the more efficient LED consumes about the same amount of current as a regular filament bulb.
Thanks! I figured it was a resistor issue. Anyone know if ALLA has them with resistors built in? I’ll be doing my research tomorrow.

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For installing the resistor on the wire that I already tapped into for the bumper reflector light, does it matter where I connect the resistor wire? In between the bulb and the existing tap? Or it really doesn't matter?
Sponsored