Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's an awful lot of ricer math going down in this thread. :p
You started this Derek. I can't explain to people why I'm running 13.4's while only making 230-240whp (Your dynos with like mods). I'll just tell them you advanced my ignition timing so far that I can't see it in Ktuner. Like the maf sensor being out of range. :thumbsup:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You started this Derek. I can't explain to people why I'm running 13.4's while only making 230-240whp (Your dynos with like mods). I'll just tell them you advanced my ignition timing so far that I can't see it in Ktuner. Like the maf sensor being out of range. :thumbsup:
So...?
Honda Civic 10th gen Ignition Timing and Horsepower E6C14C1D-12BA-4746-8F92-B2E3F5E90437

And see... that’s the difference between talking about it and doing it for a living.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
told ya to switch to @KTuner my region ecu have ethanol available haha probably more features to come in the future.
I have no plan to switch to ethanol or inject WMI in my car because I may need to pre-order and wait for a month or two to get ethanol, especially during racing season start. This is daily driver and will not see any track day so it doesn't make sense to use ethanol for a daily car in my country.
Hondata and KTuner edit the same ignition table. Hondata just erroneously calls it "knock ignition limit", nor is it based on gear.
Nope. It's not by gear and I did mention I tried to "translate" it to KTuner language this thread is speaking in.

What I did was as simple as comparing datalog between stock and my custom tuned runs, filter by gear, average the ignition, and count the variance between stock and custom tuned.

Reactions: Myx

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
Can someone share their a slightly tweeked ktuner 21psi with flex fuel tune here... Would be a good reference to start with.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I would expect ignition timing doesn't need to be tuned very precisely because the maxima will be relatively flat.
Here is a diagram from a thesis showing the torque as a function of spark angle (SA) at five different rpm/engine load combinations. MBT is Maximum Brake Torque, which will also coincide with max power at each rpm. This is a fuel injected engine, but not DI, and not turbo, so not exactly what we are dealing with here, but the general behavior should be similar.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ignition Timing and Horsepower MBTtuning.JPG

Btw. the goal of this work, was to create another control loop to tune the ignition timing based on the measured cylinder pressure.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ignition Timing and Horsepower thesis.JPG

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
this discussion is the basic of custom tuning