If your Civic SI is a lease and want good sound w/o upgrading sound system

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is your settings? I also listen to alot of drum & bass/EDM kinda music but still after alot of fiddling i can still experience some clipping in songs with heavy bass.

I'm from Europe, we don't get the subwoofer in the trunk :(
I'll post them later when I'm off work
Sponsored

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si âś“
Now the only thing I need to fix is that damn sub rattle and I think i'll be perfectly fine with the stock set up. (For now)
FIRST thing I thought as well. Haha

What is your settings? I also listen to alot of drum & bass/EDM kinda music but still after alot of fiddling i can still experience some clipping in songs with heavy bass.
'Im from Europe, we don't get the subwoofer in the trunk :(
I had really bad clipping at first too. It still clips on some songs/genre.

And still playing with the gazillion settings. But what helped immediately was the master gate limiter for me. Then manually adjusting other settings. (I (I'limagjne be adjusting for a very long time.)

From a previous post: http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=43 it's a pretty quick read up on what master gate and other settings are if you haven't tried.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I'm from Europe, we don't get the subwoofer in the trunk :(
Sorry for the delay. Here are my current settings, this to me sounds clear, crisp and "full"
Honda Civic 10th gen If your Civic SI is a lease and want good sound w/o upgrading sound system 20190924_002223

Honda Civic 10th gen If your Civic SI is a lease and want good sound w/o upgrading sound system 20190924_002238
Honda Civic 10th gen If your Civic SI is a lease and want good sound w/o upgrading sound system 20190924_002231
Honda Civic 10th gen If your Civic SI is a lease and want good sound w/o upgrading sound system 20190924_002115
Honda Civic 10th gen If your Civic SI is a lease and want good sound w/o upgrading sound system 20190924_002052

Last edited:

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll double post here. These are viper bass settings that are optional and I sometimes toggle on/off depending if want more boom.

ViPER Bass:

Frequency: 91Hz
Mode: Natural Bass - between +6dB or +8dB

OR

Frequency: 100Hz
Mode: Subwoofer- between +6dB or +11dB

I noticed that you said you don't have the OEM sub in your model so I'd assume you'd have to play with the settings to get it to where you want.

Last edited:

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
does this work with apple car play? or only android cause i have apple and wonder if this will work with my phone

carrsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2017 Civic EX-L, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
does this work with apple car play? or only android cause i have apple and wonder if this will work with my phone
This is for install onto the headunit itself, not your phone.

leolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8 2017
Country flag
I'll double post here. These are viper bass settings that are optional and I sometimes toggle on/off depending if want more boom.

ViPER Bass:

Frequency: 91Hz
Mode: Natural Bass - between +6dB or +8dB

OR

Frequency: 100Hz
Mode: Subwoofer- between +6dB or +11dB

I noticed that you said you don't have the OEM sub in your model so I'd assume you'd have to play with the settings to get it to where you want.
Thanks alot, i will try out those.

Yeah the EU models doesn't get the subwoofer

Android Auto works (i use it). According to old posts Apple Car play doesn't seem to work with this.

carrsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2017 Civic EX-L, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
You need to enable the option "Lock Effect Mode" and set it to Bluetooth. It will then work with any output from the headunit because it forces all audio to run through the bluetooth codec. The latest 2.7.1.0 doesnt seem to have this option but 2.5.0.5 that is recommended does.

leolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone figured out a way to use this with Apple Carplay?

Tried to fiddle around with it abit today but couldn't find anyway.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Anyone figured out a way to use this with Apple Carplay?

Tried to fiddle around with it abit today but couldn't find anyway.
with Iphones you have to use bluetooth mode. you can't use apple car play as viper4android is designed for android

leolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
with Iphones you have to use bluetooth mode. you can't use apple car play as viper4android is designed for android
Viper4Android is an android app indeed but in this case it's not "designed" for Android. Why AndroidAuto works is because the audio is still being routed through bluetooth while connected. I guess Apple Carplay sends it through USB.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Afaik for Android auto only calls redirect using Bluetooth not music. I may be wrong

lalord69

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Another vote for Viper4Android. I like to play music on USB drives, which needs this option to work.
When I got the car, a crap sounding stereo was a major con, and I priced out all new speakers, sub and amp. So glad I tried V4A first! Saved over $1000! No real need to upgrade anything else.
(I do miss being able to put in a Bass knob though!)
What r ur settings? I have an EX without the sub so im about to give this a shot-- what do you recommend turning on/off?

leolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Afaik for Android auto only calls redirect using Bluetooth not music. I may be wrong
Seems to be alot of confusion over the net but you might be right :)

Anyone tried this with one of those dongles that makes Apple Carplay work wireless if that makes v4a available/working?

carboy40

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made it all the way to "This car is rockin" with one more change:

Using Bluetooth Audio from iPhone with iPhone EQ set to "Loudness" mode!

I had the rearview mirror shaking from the bass! For me, that's the gold standard.
I am done modifying the audio with all speakers and sub remaining stock.

Thanks to the iPhone's built in AGC (I believe enabled via iTunes, I know, I am old to be still using that.) each track is coming out at the same level, despite a mix of 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's music.
The pre-amp section in Apple products has always been above average, from back in the iPod days.
I did have to adjust the EQ a bit more and lower ViperBass to not blow myself away completely.

Remember, when I bought this car the audio was "Utter crap!".
Don’t mean to bring back an old post but in my 2020 touring, the rear view mirror already shakes with heavy bass, and all I have are the factory settings maxed out for bass. You can also definitely hear a lack of bass when the subwoofer is all the way down compared to all the way up. I’m thinking that they might have made an update to the factory eq in the post refresh civics? Can anyone second this?
Sponsored