If you use all season tires what tires do you recommend

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Polished Metal
Country flag
I have 13k miles on the odometer and my tread depth is already at 5/32s so I am going to have to get new tires by the end of the winter most likely. They are the continental contiprocontact which suck. They have crappy grip especially now that I'm tuned. I can spin all the way to 35 mph from stop in the dry and in the rain forgot about it. Just to see what would happen if I floored it from a stop in the rain and spun with traction control interupiting the power to stop wheel slip but the tires where still slipping past 50mph. It was comical .

I looked up the score on tirerack and no to my surprise the ratings where poor. Bad snow traction (oh it's bad I experienced it) and mediocre wet traction. Even dry only scored a 7.

The two tires I'm looking at are the continental DWS 06. I had these tires on my 2002 legacy gt limited and they were fantastic. Unbelievable snow grip. However that car had awd and low power.

The other tires I'm looking at are the michelin pilot sport a/s 3. They have insane grip and ok snow preformace. Not quite as good as the dws 06.
Sponsored

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the same continentals and was unimpressed with the first 15k miles on dry or wet pavement, I bought my first set of winter tires and rims for this car from tire rack, right about a grand for Michelin X ice tires and focal f20 rims.

The continentals will be fine for summer till they wear out then they will get replaced with a summer tire

My last car was a vw rabbit and I had all season Goodyear triple tread tires, they were great in dry conditions but garbage slushy roads so I didn’t want to go the all season route again

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lots of snow where you are?
20- 25 inches per year average so some but not a lot. I just don't think its enough nto warrent dedacaded snow tires .

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
I just put a set of Cooper RS3-G1's on my 2016 LX. You want grip? Tons of grip on these tires. Haven't really had any dry to test the dry grip, but in the wet, grip is pretty ridiculous. No snow yet here, so can't say how they will do. Reports say 'light snow is ok'. Only issue for me is my MPGs went down quite a bit. Like 5 MPG less. Friction = grip I guess. Hitting corners in the rain at 45mph without even a peep from the tires. Looking forward to summer :) I thought about DWS06 myself, but got a great deal on the Coopers. Not the smoothest tire, nor the quietest, about midrange, I'd say. But grip? Oh yes :)

OP
OP

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm basically going to round up as many tires as I can so far I have the

1)michelin pilot sport a/s 3
2) continental dws06
3) nitto Motivo
4) Cooper RS3-G1

Then I'll research all of them and choose the one I find the best deal on.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have any pictures of the Focal F20's installed? I was looking at these as they are a great price for 18" and come in satin black which is what I want.

I have the same continentals and was unimpressed with the first 15k miles on dry or wet pavement, I bought my first set of winter tires and rims for this car from tire rack, right about a grand for Michelin X ice tires and focal f20 rims.

The continentals will be fine for summer till they wear out then they will get replaced with a summer tire

My last car was a vw rabbit and I had all season Goodyear triple tread tires, they were great in dry conditions but garbage slushy roads so I didn’t want to go the all season route again

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I'm basically going to round up as many tires as I can so far I have the

1)michelin pilot sport a/s 3
2) continental dws06
3) nitto Motivo
4) Cooper RS3-G1

Then I'll research all of them and choose the one I find the best deal on.
Based on experience, mediocre to bad, with Continentals, I had the dealer swap out the Continental Contipros that came on my 19 Touring Coupe for Michelin Primacy Tours, 235/40/18, before delivery, ( I did test drive the car with the Contipros, felt kinda harsh, just more comfortable with Michelin) 2k on them so far, ride is smoother & quieter than I expected, fantastic dry & wet grip, 2 light snows, didn't have any difficulty. I considered the Cooper RS3-G1, but I refuse to trust my life to Chinese tires. Don't know if all sizes of this tire are made in China, but the 215/50/17s that I looked at for my 16 EX-L were. Coopers used to be US made, maybe some still are.

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
My suggestion is the Nitto Motivo
I have the Motivos on my S2K. No complaints, great tires overall but it is a rwd so I usually do not drive it in the snow.

Im Yoink

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I have some BFGoodrich G-force Comp-2 A/s in mine and I couldn’t be happier. Great traction in the dry hot summer as well as downpouring winter. I haven’t had a chance to test them in the snow yet but I highly recommend these tires.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm very happy with the Vredestein Quatrac 5

Here is a little review of them:

Sponsored