If you live in NJ, don't get pulled over for this like I did!

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I've been to NJ. Having someone pump it can be nice, ie. if it's cold, but from what I remember, you often have to wait a few minutes for someone, as the one or two people are going around doing everyone else's gas. Also the price to pay them is put into the gas price.

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
If that were the case how else would they/state make money.
They are called fix it tickets..... if you fix the problem its dropped and no money is generated so I dont understand that philosophy. Now speeding on the other hand...thats where the money is generated.

drtye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FA5 FK8
Country flag
I want to feel bad, I really do, but this has been common knowledge for so long, I don't know if I can. Anything hanging from the rear view is a fail-able violation in terms of PA safety inspection...

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
It is the same in WA. I went over there and when I pulled in to pump some gas my friend told me to stay in the car

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
For anyone not in the know, it is ILLEGAL to pump your own gas in New Jersey. You must have a gas attendant do it,you cannot do it yourself.
I hate this about NJ. I hate that some gas attendants keep pumping the gas even after it clicks...one time I told him to stop pumping and just give me my receipt.

Can you get in trouble for removing the pump? On another occasion while on the NJ Turnpike, he set the pump, it clicked, but he was nowhere to be found to give me my receipt. So I got out and put the pump back. He told me not to do that and I told him he was taking too long. Can you be fined for this?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Beware, if you live in NJ and have anything hanging from your rearview mirror, of a license plate frame that obscures ANY part of the New Jersey or Garden State lettering you will get stopped. You'll most likely just get a warning like i did as long as you are nice and respectful to the cop and remove whatever they want you to. I was stopped for my civic SI plate frame and for my dice i had on the mirror. Now i just put the dice up when i park the car because of how well they go with the interior and put them on the dash when i drive. Be careful out there!
I once met Hon Solos spouse (forgot her name) at an obscure graduation party in 1983 ... LOL ... Cherry Hill NJ ( a buddy of mine - his dad worked for Kraft Foods) ... NJ gets a bad rap ... even worse than a NYC native or a Boston MA botcher of the English language (it cost's faaaaarrrrrttty five dollars) ... a drive on I95 and the SMELL proves NJ's rep though ... I don't know man ... 'get of Jersey while you can ... I REFUSE to let anyone touch my car for a gas fill up and avoid at ALL COSTS. NO CAN DO ... the price USED to be right ... but they blew that big time with recent tax deals ... they stole pensions and blah blah blah ... I live in NY which is even more sad ... DEBLOSIO ... I want to move south ... where you can take out your cat converter and no one knows the difference.... drive a RWD car with no snow ... LOL

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I once met Hon Solos spouse (forgot her name) at an obscure graduation party in 1983 ... LOL ... Cherry Hill NJ ( a buddy of mine - his dad worked for Kraft Foods) ... NJ gets a bad rap ... even worse than a NYC native or a Boston MA botcher of the English language (it cost's faaaaarrrrrttty five dollars) ... a drive on I95 and the SMELL proves NJ's rep though ... I don't know man ... 'get of Jersey while you can ... I REFUSE to let anyone touch my car for a gas fill up and avoid at ALL COSTS. NO CAN DO ... the price USED to be right ... but they blew that big time with recent tax deals ... they stole pensions and blah blah blah ... I live in NY which is even more sad ... DEBLOSIO ... I want to move south ... where you can take out your cat converter and no one knows the difference.... drive a RWD car with no snow ... LOL
Ok

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Cool

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I remember the first month of owning my hatch i got pulled over by a cop for this exact reason. Dealer plate frame was hiding lettering. He told me that i should remove it and if i get pulled over again, i would get a ticket. BUT i know in NJ, if they give you a warning, it stays in their internal system for 6 months or so. Luckily i haven't been pulled over since and it has been more than 6 months so i could play innocent like the first time and say i never knew it was illegal hehehe

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember the first month of owning my hatch i got pulled over by a cop for this exact reason. Dealer plate frame was hiding lettering. He told me that i should remove it and if i get pulled over again, i would get a ticket. BUT i know in NJ, if they give you a warning, it stays in their internal system for 6 months or so. Luckily i haven't been pulled over since and it has been more than 6 months so i could play innocent like the first time and say i never knew it was illegal hehehe
Why don't they just force the dealers to change their practices vs. making every car purchaser a violator?
Sponsored