If you had a black CTR, would you get the carbon tip AfE or stainless tip AfE exhaust?

Carbon or stainless tips for the AfE exhaust, if your CTR was black?

• Total voters

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Can't decide whether I'd like the shiny stainless tips or the stealth look of the carbon.

Please weigh in with your opinion! Greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
And here I was just gonna vote for carbon. :headbang:

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag
Can you share how you reached the choice of AfE in the first place. So many choices these days it’s confusing.

OP
OP

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Can you share how you reached the choice of AfE in the first place. So many choices these days it’s confusing.

Just based on the sound alone. I’ve listened to all of the systems, and by far afe has the best tone. It pops, it’s low, you can hear the turbo whine as the car goes back down to idle. It has it all.

Second best would be greddy when it comes to tone, but with the greddy you can’t hear the turbo at all.

basilpesto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring 2D OWP
Country flag
Just based on the sound alone. I’ve listened to all of the systems, and by far afe has the best tone. It pops, it’s low, you can hear the turbo whine as the car goes back down to idle. It has it all.

Second best would be greddy when it comes to tone, but with the greddy you can’t hear the turbo at all.
I'm also thinking about going with afe, seeing as how greddy doesnt make exhausts for the non-si civic sedan. :thumbsdown:

garrett_fk8

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
My black CTR has an aFe exhaust (carbon tips) and I can tell you that you made the right choice. The tips look amazing and the exhaust sounds great.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
My black CTR has an aFe exhaust (carbon tips) and I can tell you that you made the right choice. The tips look amazing and the exhaust sounds great.

Got mine installed today. The drone doesn’t bother you?!

garrett_fk8

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Got mine installed today. The drone doesn’t bother you?!
It did until I figured out how to contain it. It seems to me that at certain RPMs and throttle levels it goes away entirely. I can't tell you what they are quantitatively but you'll know them when you find them.

Also, in my experience the vibration and noise go down as you break in the exhaust. I'm about 200 miles in and it's already noticeably better.

OP
OP

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
It did until I figured out how to contain it. It seems to me that at certain RPMs and throttle levels it goes away entirely. I can't tell you what they are quantitatively but you'll know them when you find them.

Also, in my experience the vibration and noise go down as you break in the exhaust. I'm about 200 miles in and it's already noticeably better.

I hope it gets better. Honestly I can't stand the way the whole car vibrates around 3krpm.
Sponsored