If you had ~$160,000 to spend on a new car, would you buy an Acura NSX?

Would you buy a new NSX?

• Yes! NSX all the way!

• Prefer a Porsche 911 GT3

• Prefer a Nissan GT-R Track Edition

• Prefer an Audi R8

• Prefer an AMG GT R

• Prefer a C7 ZR1

• Prefer a BMW i8

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
Drake

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
After further consideration I'll change my answer to a Lotus Evora Gt. Pocket the leftover cash for insurance probably.
I do love me a lotus
Sponsored

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Country flag
The GT3 in manual, and it ain’t even close.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not on the poll but I'd get the new C8 vette.

Dyim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SE
Country flag
I would not ever spend money on a depreciating asset. I would invest it in moderate securities and/or use that for home improvement or removing debt,
There isn’t a thing called “excess” income/wealth - everything can be used for a better purpose than a depreciating emotional purchase.
Besides, you need more than $160K due to the requirements of having a vehicle (insurance and maintenance).
Dad, it that you?

If I had 160k just for a car, I would not be on this forum.
:lol:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Save 40k and buy the ZR1 which should easily keep up, if not spank every one of those cars you listed. Definitely requires a good driver to do it but even an amateur would have a blast going around the track in it. I went out to the Corvette school in Vegas last year and drove a Z06 configured just like mine. I personally wouldn't track mine just because I don't want to put all the wear on it but man oh man is it fast.

Here's a short clip of when I was trying to keep up with the instructor -

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
With the Honda crowd we have here, I'm curious to know how many would choose to buy Acura's (and Honda's, technically) halo-supercar if they had the money to do so. Decided I'd make this a poll with a few other new options around the NSX's price range.
I like the new NSX, but not in love with it. I feel like it’s been too long, to choose it over a Porsche. I really wish Honda never went away from the original NSX, but then again that’s what makes it rare.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
To be honest I would go with the Japanese super cars
( except the new Toyota Supra) as I could remember as a kid up into my late twenties I’ve never seen any of these exclusive German car companies advertise on the TV Mercedes BMW porsche until these cars were being built in South Carolina or Tennessee and Mexico unfortunately investment groups have their finger On these companies to hammer out as much as possible too the public giving them the allusion of a exclusive car just by a emblem on a side note I see more Mercedes and BMWs and Audi’s in a Walmart parking lot than a 10 th gen civic coupe

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
To be honest I would go with the Japanese super cars
( except the new Toyota Supra) as I could remember as a kid up into my late twenties I’ve never seen any of these exclusive German car companies advertise on the TV Mercedes BMW porsche until these cars were being built in South Carolina or Tennessee and Mexico unfortunately investment groups have their finger On these companies to hammer out as much as possible too the public giving them the allusion of a exclusive car just by a emblem on a side note I see more Mercedes and BMWs and Audi’s in a Walmart parking lot than a 10 th gen civic coupe
I personally prefer Japanese over German. I just have always loved the 911 heritage. For a daily, give me a GT-R. I’m definitely against the new bmw supra. Toyota should’ve did everything themselves.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I personally prefer Japanese over German. I just have always loved the 911 heritage. For a daily, give me a GT-R. I’m definitely against the new bmw supra. Toyota should’ve did everything themselves.
I understand Toyota idea of a straight six in the Supra
but they could have moved on with their V6 as Nissan did with the 300 z as the Datsun 240/260/280 Z had straight sixes the car buffs were surprised by this since the straight six was still offered in the skyline In the Japanese market since 1984 the Nissan Z cars had the V6 ever since and nobody seams to care if it has a straight six. And as I posted before on this thread I would be hard pressed between the NSX or GT-R :)

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
Pickup, trailer, and Ariel Atom 3S

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Audi R8, but I know a guy who can help me take care of the magnetic suspension and other common issues. Just a beautiful car all around.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
GT3 RS would be the dream car. On the more realistic side I would like to build an RX7 when I get older
Sponsored