If you had ~$160,000 to spend on a new car, would you buy an Acura NSX?

Would you buy a new NSX?

• Yes! NSX all the way!

• Prefer a Porsche 911 GT3

• Prefer a Nissan GT-R Track Edition

• Prefer an Audi R8

• Prefer an AMG GT R

• Prefer a C7 ZR1

• Prefer a BMW i8

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
With the Honda crowd we have here, I'm curious to know how many would choose to buy Acura's (and Honda's, technically) halo-supercar if they had the money to do so. Decided I'd make this a poll with a few other new options around the NSX's price range.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'd get a Type R and put the remaining $120,000 in the bank.

Oh wait, that wasn't an option.:cool:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could do so many better things with $160k. If I was going burn $160k on a car... itā€™d be car(s). Iā€™d pay to expand my existing garage and get a lot of other cars Iā€™ve wanted over the last 20 years like... a Cayman S for the lady. I see those for 30k here and there. A CTS-V/Vsport for about the same... some busted up old MX-5 to toy with because Iā€™ve always wanted one just a little... probably another bigger cruiser Caddy to kill interstate miles in... and maybe a quad cab pickup truck for very occasional use but to put my dads old one I have out to pasture, since itā€™s a standard cab and the whole family wonā€™t fit.

Sorry, none of those cars on the list interest me terribly... because I know Iā€™ll never have one. I donā€™t make $160k a year... my house costs little more than that. Those cars are rich people toys.

If I had to sink all the money in something, Iā€™d probably err on the side of the the (last I heard) unreleased Corvette ZR1. Z06s were staying NA (and Iā€™m good with it... the C5s and C6s seemed good) but the ZR1 was supposed to be some sort of hybrid setup last I saw... and I think it was touting numbers that might make the NSX seem not so impressive. I know a few guys whoā€™ve bought new Corvettes and how they have the racing school you can do and I imagine thereā€™ll be a little leftover $$$ for a lot of advancing drivers ed. I think the Corvette, while coming from a less prestigious brand, has more allure. I barely consider Acura a premium brand as it is... so the NSX appeal lies with the NSX itself and it doesnā€™t have the history or following of a Vette, IMO.

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
Going off these cars here, I'd probably go with an AMG GTR. I know it's not as fast as the NSX, but there's something about a Mercedes TT V8 that's just brutal. I also prefer the interior of the AMG over the NSX.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I had $160,000 and I had to buy a car with it? Yeah, Acura NSX. All the way.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I would not ever spend money on a depreciating asset. I would invest it in moderate securities and/or use that for home improvement or removing debt,
There isnā€™t a thing called ā€œexcessā€ income/wealth - everything can be used for a better purpose than a depreciating emotional purchase.
Besides, you need more than $160K due to the requirements of having a vehicle (insurance and maintenance).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drake

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hahaha, I think we all realize here that spending this much money on a car would not be the most financially sound decision :rolleyes: Of course I'd rather have $160,000 in my pocket rather than one of these cars in my garage. However, if you had to spend this money on a single new car, which would it be? I'm curious to know if Honda's appeal to us as a budget-friendly and reliable brand would transfer to the hypothetical question of whether we would opt for their supercar in this imaginary situation.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hell yes, I am one of the few people who actually like the new NSX for what it is. Is it the best? Not even close. Doesnā€™t matter to me. I appreciate it.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
GT3 because GT4 is not on the list.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Hahaha, I think we all realize here that spending this much money on a car would not be the most financially sound decision :rolleyes: Of course I'd rather have $160,000 in my pocket rather than one of these cars in my garage. However, if you had to spend this money on a single new car, which would it be? I'm curious to know if Honda's appeal to us as a budget-friendly and reliable brand would transfer to the hypothetical question of whether we would opt for their supercar in this imaginary situation.
Well said. Ha we could all dream canā€™t we

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The my dream is a ZR1... and it sounds like itā€™s someone elseā€™s. Considering itā€™s probably a direct competitor (stupid fast ā€˜budgetā€™ super car), recommend adding it as a voting option. :thumbsup:
Sponsored