If you don't pay ADM

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
If you don't pay the dealership ADM, it won't ruin it for the rest of the CTR consumers. The only reason why CTR nation is in this predicament is because people have already purchased them for a price waaaaaaay beyond what they should. Do the right thing, be patient and don't pay for that shit. The dealership can't sale or make money until they sale it for a cheaper price and they will if your patient...
Sponsored

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
If you don't pay the dealership ADM, it won't ruin it for the rest of the CTR consumers. The only reason why CTR nation is in this predicament is because people have already purchased them for a price waaaaaaay beyond what they should. Do the right thing, be patient and don't pay for that shit. The dealership can't sale or make money until they sale it for a cheaper price and they will if your patient...
I concur completely. If you didn't make a deal for MSRP months ago then you need to let the water settle. It took me months to make my deal for MSRP but over a year ago I got it done and in writing. Not everyone is getting a car this round many of us has been waiting for years for a car.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I as well have many many months into this process. And it flat out sucks to here at the end have the rug pulled out from under you because of BS. Then people who did nothing walk up with big bank accounts or because they know the manager and get what should have been your car.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
We've waited for almost 2 decades to get a version of the Civic Type R. One more year won't hurt unless you really need a car right now.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Yep. I am in agreement. Hoping to find on MSRP. Not counting on it. Know the salesmen think they have the info until the manager tells them another story. Not the salesman's fault. If I can't buy a 2017 then money is going in to my EG. I have patience.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
First year models are typically the least desirable and have the most quirks/issues. The people with patience will end up paying for less and probably get a better version of the car. Personally I'm hoping that Honda implements a proper volume knob sooner than later and improves the software of the infotainment system that is IMO pretty subpar compared to other manufacturers. FK2's didn't seem to be plagued with too many major issues outside of oil consumption (0W-20 likely a prime reason) and the odd transmission issues so that bodes well for these cars not requiring too many revisions over the model years but you never know as they are selling these in higher volume and they will be driven on crappy north American roads and some in cold northern winters. They will be tested for sure.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
First year models are typically the least desirable and have the most quirks/issues. The people with patience will end up paying for less and probably get a better version of the car. Personally I'm hoping that Honda implements a proper volume knob sooner than later and improves the software of the infotainment system that is IMO pretty subpar compared to other manufacturers. FK2's didn't seem to be plagued with too many major issues outside of oil consumption (0W-20 likely a prime reason) and the odd transmission issues so that bodes well for these cars not requiring too many revisions over the model years but you never know as they are selling these in higher volume and they will be driven on crappy north American roads and some in cold northern winters. They will be tested for sure.
also in a year the whole civic line will be getting a mid model makeover, hopefully those rear fake grills are replaced or made smaller like the standard sedans.

Last edited:

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Engine and transmission are tested many many times. I am testing it right now.
No oil consumption so far. Some UK owners have issue with the clutch.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I'm betting there are less people willing to pay ADM than there are cars with ADM. In other words, this car isn't worth ADM if you have patience. The ADM cars will sit in showroom floors.

Best to wait a couple months for all the ADM buyers to get theirs, and these cars will slowly go back to MSRP. ADM dealers are banking that ADM buyers will buy their car.

Last edited:

darthpnoy1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Scion FRS, 2004 Lexus GS430
Same concept that happended 5 years ago with the BRZ/FRS people where paying oversticker on the cars. Depending how this plays out will be interesting and also want to see how this car will be reliablity wise for our market even though UK has used this 2.0 Turbo for years now.

JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
I'm pretty sure only the BRZ was over sticker, Scion has what's called pure pricing. It's sticker or nothing.
Sponsored