If you decide to change your exhaust yourself, then ...

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks nice but I actually had great luck with WD-40 and a pair of channel lock style pliers. Can’t beat having the “right tool” though, less likely to the rubber hangers. I finally broke down and bought a Lisle oil filter tool a while back ago, money well spent.

OP
OP
baldheadracing

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I've also successfully used channel-lock pliers and WD-40 in the past. I didn't get anywhere with the one-piece Type R system though. Lots of double hangers, and the front pipe hanger was a Royal PITA even with the tool.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've also successfully used channel-lock pliers and WD-40 in the past. I didn't get anywhere with the one-piece Type R system though. Lots of double hangers, and the front pipe hanger was a Royal PITA even with the tool.
Sounds similar to the 1.5T. I'm glad that will be not be something we have to deal with regularly.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
i worked on cars all these years and didn't even know this tool existed..lol. I've been using pure strength. Guess that's why i'm always in pain after..ha!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Does the stock exhaust fit inside the car? I will probably want to take it home but the lift is about 50 minutes away.

OP
OP
baldheadracing

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I changed my system in my driveway so I didn't try. It would probably be easiest to run the exhaust diagonally and stick a bit of the front of the exhaust out of the front passenger window. You definitely want to keep the system, even if just to sell it later.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
i worked on cars all these years and didn't even know this tool existed..lol. I've been using pure strength. Guess that's why i'm always in pain after..ha!
Same here just man handle it!

OP
OP
baldheadracing

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Okay, how about: If you've never done this and you're doing this on your back on a gravel driveway with 5" of snow on the ground, then the rubber hangers may be stiff enough in the below-zero temperatures to make using a tool designed for the job quite useful.

And - if you work on cars (or aircraft), then you're definitely going to be a lot stronger than I am :yes:.

CTR941

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Turbo S2000, 06' CBR 600RR, 17' GMC Sierra, 17' CTR, gave up my 08' Si for a CTR
Country flag
Okay, how about: If you've never done this and you're doing this on your back on a gravel driveway with 5" of snow on the ground, then the rubber hangers may be stiff enough in the below-zero temperatures to make using a tool designed for the job quite useful.

And - if you work on cars (or aircraft), then you're definitely going to be a lot stronger than I am :yes:.
LOL just when you think you have it bad, someone else has it worse. I digress my friend :). Which by the way I didn't know about this tool, but I sure as hell ordered one on prime myself. So thank you for bringing this contraption to light. I do believe in having the right tool for the right job, and busting your freaking knuckles from yanking these freaking rubber hangers and then call your car degrading names is not the way.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My brother always taught me to use silicone spray on the rubber hangers too.
Sponsored