If you could take back time?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm really not keen on the push button start. I have a 2016 Odyssey, and I'd rather have the old key mechanism. On top of that, I can't check the door handles (to be sure the car's locked) without placing the key a few yards away and coming back, since it'll automatically unlock otherwise.

I'm wondering what happens on some of these auto-open rear doors touted on TV, if a cat or dog wanders by (the "feature" is where you wave your foot underneath). Cold the rear door open and crash into a wall or pole behind you?
You know you if you quickly pull the handle after the beep it wont unlock the car and you can verify that you've locked the car right?
Sponsored

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I wish they offered the hatchback from the get go, I could use the extra room when needed.

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really love the new civic. I test drove the ext and the touring models more then once. I am also a honda fan since the late 90's. I have a old 03 civic which is not doing to well. I really need a car now but I keep reading about problems with the new civic. From sunroofs not working, surgeing, raido going black, ect... just alot of problems. I understand its a new model but i had a 2001civic and 2003 accord when it first came out and no problems.

My question is if you could take back time would you still by the 2016 civic?

If the accord sport had a push button start and AA i would buy it in a heartbeat.
If I could go back to when I bought my car, I wouldn't have bought the Civic EX-T... I would have bought the Civic Touring!

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
If I could go back to when I bought my car, I wouldn't have bought the Civic EX-T... I would have bought the Civic Touring!
Out of curiosity, what things to do you miss the most (or want the most) from the Touring? Leather? Seat Adjustments? LED? Sensing?

The Touring seems to be a bit out of the my price range while the EX w/ Sensing or EX-T w/ Sensing seems to be the sweet spot.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
There's alot of things and girls I would do differently if I could turn back time, but I'd probably still get my Coupe. :cool:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm happy with my EXT. 4300 miles and only the 3rd brake light cover is the only problem. I would have also bought a 99 Si instead of the 99 hatch I bought.

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
No, I would have waited for a manual 1.5t and tuned the hell out of it.

Driving a automatic has been a soul sucking experience. The engine is willing and with a tune it performs admirably, but the CVT is not my cup of tea.

I'm hoping I won't be regretting this mistake for the next 4-5 years but the wife is pushing back hard on me selling/trading it in.

Last edited:

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I saw my first blue Touring on the road here in Ontario on my way to work last week. It looked like it had just been washed and looked very sharp. It caught my eye immediately. I love the way my black one looks but the upkeep is really annoying and with more and more 2016 Civics on the road (most of them black or white) it would have been nice to have a colour that stands out from the rest of the pack a little more. Surprisingly I haven't seen as many Modern Steels as I thought i would. Aside from Aegean Blue, its probably the colour I see the least.
We've just leased a Metallic Steel LX with sensing for my wife. It's on order from the factory.

BlueTouringNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring
I bought the Touring in April and have had no problems. Would do it again.
Me too! High beam LED'S, LKA that makes trips a breeze (laser cruise, too). Super speakers, blah, blah, blah. The TOURING badging says "look out, boy racers...sport car in a sedan body with understated dual exhausts bringing 0 - 60 to 6.8 secs; smart buyer". Anyone who buys this car, including my 73 year old badass self, is a winner!
Sponsored