If you could change one thing about your Si what would it be?

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Capture.PNG

Im 5'8", but have longer legs and I sit so that my legs are stretched out pretty far normally as well as my arms. I do not sti close to the steering wheel and it still hits my neck. I bought a pair of 7inch seatbelt extenders on Amazon and that made the difference for me. It places the shoulder belt part more on my shoulder than neck.
Yes. i saw either you or someone else recommend that before. Thank you for jogging my memory!
Sponsored

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Capture.PNG

Im 5'8", but have longer legs and I sit so that my legs are stretched out pretty far normally as well as my arms. I do not sti close to the steering wheel and it still hits my neck. I bought a pair of 7inch seatbelt extenders on Amazon and that made the difference for me. It places the shoulder belt part more on my shoulder than neck.
Hm interesting, I'm 5'7 and I've never had this issue with my coupe. Is your seat completely upright? Mine is a little leaned back so that could be why

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
Hm interesting, I'm 5'7 and I've never had this issue with my coupe. Is your seat completely upright? Mine is a little leaned back so that could be why
Nope, seat is reclined, but the side of the belt digs into my neck like no other car I have had.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love this car. But the backup camera is seriously disappointing. My explorer is way better. And drove my dads new RAM 1500 diesel and the backup camera quality/resolution is freakin amazing.
I've had to replace the backup camera twice (under warranty) so far on my 17' Si. Granted mine's not garaged but I do my best to keep it clean and dry. Typically it's happened over the course of the winter (water getting into the lens). The lane watch camera however has the shroud so that's crystal clear as the day I got it.

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I think the general consensus is that we all love our cars and Honda did a pretty good job imo with the 10th gens over the years, but like with any car there's always those little things that we don't like.

If you could change one thing about your Si what would it be?
The cheap plastic interior that rattles it's so annoying and its worst when it's cold

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Probably the crunchy shifter... Can someone tell me if this has a negative effect with the transmission or something? new to this car stuff and my first time manual as well...

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
bucket seats would be my vote.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Probably the crunchy shifter... Can someone tell me if this has a negative effect with the transmission or something? new to this car stuff and my first time manual as well...
No, it won't. It's probably the notchiness you are referring to, which was done on purpose. You will get used to it

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
No, it won't. It's probably the notchiness you are referring to, which was done on purpose. You will get used to it
by crunchy, I mean like I feel something like a scratching feeling in the shifter itself...like metal to metal scratch. Usually this happens when it's super cold outside, but sometimes I notice it happens randomly as well even when I'm pushing the clutch all the way down

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
by crunchy, I mean like I feel something like a scratching feeling in the shifter itself...like metal to metal scratch. Usually this happens when it's super cold outside, but sometimes I notice it happens randomly as well even when I'm pushing the clutch all the way down
I see. When the transmission is cold, you are going to definitely get more resistance, thus the feeling that you are shifting thru "gravel". As far as damaging the transmission, the answer is no. The issue can be corrected thru shifter kits from Acuity. I recently drove a Type R with the Acuity shift kit, and it was like night and day better

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I see. When the transmission is cold, you are going to definitely get more resistance, thus the feeling that you are shifting thru "gravel". As far as damaging the transmission, the answer is no. The issue can be corrected thru shifter kits from Acuity. I recently drove a Type R with the Acuity shift kit, and it was like night and day better
Thank you for that! I guess i need to stop worrying haha! Definitely, I think the Acuity shifter is most likely priority for me if I am going to mod this car. Also, does transmission fluid affect this? I heard good things regarding the Amsoil MTF, though not really sure if it's good during the winter season.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for that! I guess i need to stop worrying haha! Definitely, I think the Acuity shifter is most likely priority for me if I am going to mod this car. Also, does transmission fluid affect this? I heard good things regarding the Amsoil MTF, though not really sure if it's good during the winter season.
Changing the OEM MT fluid to Amsoil Synchromesh definitely was a big improvement, but I live in an area with a very mild year round climate. Some people have reported that in areas that experience cold winters shifting does not improve until the transmission is warmed up