If you could change one thing about your Si what would it be?

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Interior noise is awful. On the highway volume is pushing 85-90db sustained levels.
Did you measure that? 85-90 db seems really high for a stock car... is your car stock? Any mods that increased loudness?
Sponsored

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Speaker rattles.
Shitty, slow infotainment center.
Sport Mode turns off automatically.
MASSIVE panel gaps.
Nooks and crannies where water and soap hide that make washing/drying a pain in the ass.
Squeaking, squealing noises coming from wheel wells.
Typical cheap-sounding Honda engine clicking noise when idling..

Overall this car feels pretty cheap (and mostly sounds cheap). I can toss it around and have some fun with it, and it looks great, but I'll likely be trading it for something that feels more high-quality, sounds better and makes more power.
Then again it is a sub $23K car... or was before the chip shortage/supply chain fiasco.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Did you measure that? 85-90 db seems really high for a stock car... is your car stock? Any mods that increased loudness?
Yes, measured with SPL meter on iPhone, and it’s calibrated for the iPhone mic so I think pretty accurate. My car is stock in terms of things that would make more noise. Not sure if all Si’s are like that, or they forgot some sound deadening on mine, but I wear earplugs everywhere I go.
Sponsored