• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

If The Integra Doesn’t Tickle Your Fancy What Car Would You Buy?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Personally if the Integra/Type S version doesn’t appeal to me I might consider going Korean. For me it would be PreFacelift G70 with the 3.3TT or Elantra N. Two very very different cars but still engineered by Albert Biermann.

Let me know what you are all considering.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
If the Integra doesn't cut it for me (considering an A-Spec model) then my very short list includes my current 2019 Civic Coupe EX staying around for a while longer (with small mods for fun) or possibly looking into the Mazda3 Hatchback Turbo. I might also still float the idea of a 2022 Civic ST Hatch but would definitely have to tune it to get its performance at least up to my coupes.

There just aren't many cars in my desired price point that appeal to me currently, and for the most part my civic coupe still fits all my wants and needs perfectly. The integra will have to wow me to spend the money for it.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
New Golf R, S4 or "settling' for an Si is really all that's on my radar. I'd really prefer something that's 200+HP, manual, and/or AWD. 200+HP is a requirement and manual/AWD I'm willing to trade off on. Right now, only the R, WRX and STI meet all of those, but Subaru's newer designs do not interest me.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
New Golf R, S4 or "settling' for an Si is really all that's on my radar. I'd really prefer something that's 200+HP, manual, and/or AWD. 200+HP is a requirement and manual/AWD I'm willing to trade off on. Right now, only the R, WRX and STI meet all of those, but Subaru's newer designs do not interest me.
I saw the WRX in person at the an Auto Show and uhhh…

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I saw the WRX in person at the an Auto Show and uhhh…
In a perfect world I'd also have a new MazdaSpeed 3 based on the AWD turbo hatch, A Subaru Legacy Spec.B, and a Sentra NISMO with the variable compression 2.0T on the horizon to think of, but that's not likely to happen. I can dream though.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
In a perfect world I'd also have a new MazdaSpeed 3 based on the AWD turbo hatch, A Subaru Legacy Spec.B, and a Sentra NISMO with the variable compression 2.0T on the horizon to think of, but that's not likely to happen. I can dream though.
Those all would sound amazing to have if each company had the guts to make them.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Those all would sound amazing to have if each company had the guts to make them.
I'd also love a return of the 2.5RS, but with how heavy cars are now I don't think it would end up a fun car unless it's geared really well, and they managed to get something like 215hp/195tq from the 2.5L.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Two very very different cars but still engineered by Albert Biermann.
He just left Hyundai so that adds to the uniqueness of the Elantra N, last true N car developed and introduced by Biermann himself.
But G70 or Stinger would be my choice if I were to go KDM again. Shooting Brake would have been nicer tho.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
He just left Hyundai so that adds to the uniqueness of the Elantra N, last true N car developed and introduced by Biermann himself.
But G70 or Stinger would be my choice if I were to go KDM again. Shooting Brake would have been nicer tho.
Those are Rumours. They haven’t confirmed if either of the two would leave. Only way Biermann gets replace is if they find a replacement which seems to not be the case.

As for G70 and Stinger I do agree. Those models look really good honestly. I’ve driven both and they handle amazingly. If the Shooting break came to the US I wouldn’t even have considered the integra lol.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly, I have no idea lol
I have some cars in mind but none of them are in production yet and few of them are nothing but rumors.

Basically anything that's weird and interesting with decent performance
GR Corolla (depending on the 2 pedal availability)
WRX is still somewhat on the list but Levorg is the one I want.
New Mazda 6cyl RWD sedan
11th gen Accord
If Subaru ever decides to "WRX" the Crosstrek (not the other way around...sigh)
Maverick ST ?

Some realistic alternatives:
CT4
Clubman JCW
Stinger
GTI
A4/A5
Mazda 3 2.5T

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Honestly, I have no idea lol
I have some cars in mind but none of them are in production yet and few of them are nothing but rumors.

Basically anything that's weird and interesting with decent performance
GR Corolla (depending on the 2 pedal availability)
WRX is still somewhat on the list but Levorg is the one I want.
New Mazda 6cyl RWD sedan
11th gen Accord
If Subaru ever decides to "WRX" the Crosstrek (not the other way around...sigh)
Maverick ST ?

Some realistic alternatives:
CT4
Clubman JCW
Stinger
GTI
A4/A5
Mazda 3 2.5T
Mazda RWD Sedan a huge win lol

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I’ve had a few bad experiences with Hyundai so they are off my list, it’s basically Integra or GTI for me. If I got a decent discount on a TLX I would consider that too.

I would wait for the 23 model year to see if they put some buttons back into the car.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I’ve had a few bad experiences with Hyundai so they are off my list, it’s basically Integra or GTI for me. If I got a decent discount on a TLX I would consider that too.

I would wait for the 23 model year to see if they put some buttons back into the car.
Can you express what you had an issue with Hyundai wise? I had an Elantra GT and never had an issue.

Reactions: HKF

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Can you express what you had an issue with Hyundai wise? I had an Elantra GT and never had an issue.
My 07 Tiburon was a hunk of junk, clutch went out at 20k miles, electrical gremlins cost me a fortune as well. Car was worth basically nothing at 70k miles. They had that whole revamp in 2010-2012 so decided to trust them still with a 17 Tucson turbo DCT. And you know how that went. It’s an unfixable transmission where the only fix is to just keep replacing it. The car made me sick to drive, the stuttering was awful.

Actually owed money on the lease due to how poorly it depreciated. Less important but the interior was nice new, but faded and got tired within the lease period too.

I know the new wet DCT is far superior but it just hasn’t been long enough for me to trust it.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Those are Rumours. They haven’t confirmed if either of the two would leave. Only way Biermann gets replace is if they find a replacement which seems to not be the case.

As for G70 and Stinger I do agree. Those models look really good honestly. I’ve driven both and they handle amazingly. If the Shooting break came to the US I wouldn’t even have considered the integra lol.
Actually his retirement ceremony took place few hours ago. The good news is he's still going to be an adviser for their European R&D center.

Apparently they might start selling the G70 SB in Korea too. I don't understand why they can't bring it here.
Wagon/Hatchback market in Korea is like non-existent. At least here in NA, people buy lifted wagons lol