• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

If The Integra Doesn’t Tickle Your Fancy What Car Would You Buy?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Question is what prevented Toyota from doing it before? They were the #1 car sales company they had the profits, they just had 0 urge to do it. They apparently can invest in the Yaris and Corolla platforms but making a new i6 is TO costly yet tiny Mazda can afford it.
They went soft during that era of non performance models. I think that Toyota was worried about building the engine and the engine not doing good compared to what BMW had offered. After that was considered they also heard BMW as going to discontinue the Z4 completely. They then approached BMW to co-develop the GR Supra and Z4 and of course we got the outcome we have now. Still funny the Supra sells way more then a Z4 and we all know why.

I started to recently think that maybe Toyota had invested a little bit in the Inline 6 T that Mazda has been building. If we get an A100 Supra it could be built on the Mazda platform with the Inline 6. Same goes for the Lexus IS next Gen. we have to wait and see what happens but the IS really deserves a proper Turbocharged send off before EV’s.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Leaning Corolla GR. The 11th gen civic looks like ass and the integra isn’t far off

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I think Acura took their slogan “Less Talk. More Drive” to the next level because it seems like they haven’t talked to much on the Integra but sure are driving it around ??

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
I think Acura took their slogan “Less Talk. More Drive” to the next level because it seems like they haven’t talked to much on the Integra but sure are driving it around ??
Are there any new spy pics out?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Are there any new spy pics out?
Nope but they still are driving them around. They haven’t really quit testing. Companies do testing all the way till launch and even further out to then find bugs with software that can Happen.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Living in Columbus I’m always on the lookout to see if I see one testing. I saw the first gen TLX testing before it’s release years ago. It’d be awesome to spot the Integra around town.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Irony that the Corolla hasn't been relevant really since it left RWD, and Honda took the market over, and now when ICE is starting to die it becomes relevant again, and Hondas options are kind of peatering out.
Maybe cause Toyota knows ICE has 98% market share?

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Nope but they still are driving them around. They haven’t really quit testing. Companies do testing all the way till launch and even further out to then find bugs with software that can Happen.
Do you think it’s possible they will reveal the full car at the Tokyo auto salon next week, or will that be just for the Type R?

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Do you think it’s possible they will reveal the full car at the Tokyo auto salon next week, or will that be just for the Type R?
Can’t happen at Tokyo. Integra wont be sold there. Type R is being shown only camouflaged up so it’s not a full reveal per say. I know the salon is next week so we will hear some specs about the Type R from what I read. I think once those specs and details get announced then Acura might have the green light to reveal it. With it going on sale Spring time they have to reveal full specs and details either this month or early next because they need to give the consumer time to pre-order it and financially get ready for it.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Can’t happen at Tokyo. Integra wont be sold there. Type R is being shown only camouflaged up so it’s not a full reveal per say. I know the salon is next week so we will hear some specs about the Type R from what I read. I think once those specs and details get announced then Acura might have the green light to reveal it. With it going on sale Spring time they have to reveal full specs and details either this month or early next because they need to give the consumer time to pre-order it and financially get ready for it.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I couldn’t find out where the Integra was being sold but makes sense if it’s not going to Japan to hold off there. March is technically spring so to not have any details only about a month away from potential release sucks. I need to figure out what to do with my lease but I’m in purgatory till we get more details lol

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I couldn’t find out where the Integra was being sold but makes sense if it’s not going to Japan to hold off there. March is technically spring so to not have any details only about a month away from potential release sucks. I need to figure out what to do with my lease but I’m in purgatory till we get more details lol
Yeah a lot of Japanese publications expected the Integra to be sold in Japan but so far seems like it’ll be solely for the US and Canada. Also the Integra for the first time ever will be built in the US at one of the Ohio plants. I know that the Civic Hatchback has its own plant in Japan for the Japanese and Australian market. Type R is still expected to be built at the same plant as what the Civic Hatchback in the NA plant.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
So it will be sold only in the US and Canada? (maybe Mexico too) That's interesting.
I mean, I know China's not getting it and they're not gonna ship it to Kuwait either lol so that makes sense.

I was kind hoping this could make its way to some global markets as a Honda.
IIRC Honda Korea came really close to importing 4th gen TL without launching Acura brand.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Btw after driving the TLX for few weeks, I've decided to drop all 4 door sedans from my list lol
I need a tailgate. (or a bed)

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Btw after driving the TLX for few weeks, I've decided to drop all 4 door sedans from my list lol
I need a tailgate. (or a bed)
Lmao yeah I like hatchback’s/Sportback better honestly.