If Honda offered the CTR in a coupe, would you have bought it?

If Honda offered the CTR in a coupe, would you have bought it?

• Total voters

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'd love a coupe but family life wouldn't permit it. If it didn't come in a 4 door hatch, I'd probably be driving an Accord 2.0T 6spd or a Tesla 3 if I could get my hands on one.
Sponsored

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I think most hatchbacks are sportier than coupe . Coupes are mostly cruiser nowadays.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im lucky in that i dont have a woman deciding anything for me. Been there, done that.

Buy what i want, do what i want, answer to nobody, and get to keep the my money i make

Anyways, 2 door civics have always looked the sportiest of the civic body styles of pretty much every generation. IMO, of course.
I think this excludes the 8th generation civic. The FG2 looks like a soccer mom car, meanwhile the 4 door FA-5 and its RR trim look like the sexiest 4 door civic to date except the 10th gen.

edit: If the FK8 had a Coupe, i think it would be cool because it would essentially be a lighter Type R. Reminiscent of the DC5 TYPE R since that was a sporty two door, unlike all Civic Type R's ever.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I think this excludes the 8th generation civic. The FG2 looks like a soccer mom car, meanwhile the 4 door FA-5 and its RR trim look like the sexiest 4 door civic to date except the 10th gen.
:bs:

You sir ... are wrong.

The FG2 is the sexiest 8th gen, and you need to take that back

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:bs:

You sir ... are wrong.

The FG2 is the sexiest 8th gen, and you need to take that back
Sorry dude, after driving one for 4 years till the wheels fell off, I really love the Mugen FA5 RR much more

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson, Mustang GT
There are plenty of people out there without the need for a plush and roomy back seat, but the remarkable thing about the Civic Coupe is that it has plenty of leg room. You just need to be of average height or below to sit in the back.

Why sacrifice performance of a sedan? The Coupe will be lighter and more nimble. I won't be buying an R unless its offered in a coupe. I like the cleaner lines on the coupe. I don't need a car to haul a mountain full of groceries. Would rather have more fun getting from point A to point B in a coupe.

They really should have come out with the Coupe version of the R first. Coupes are always scene as more sport oriented. I hope they finally do in 2019. I just would love that engine in there, skip the whale tale.

Last edited:

junior176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Coupe all day. This is my first coupe and i love it.... i bought the coupe just so i wouldnt have to haul around other people. If you look at other high end sport cars they’re mostly all coupes. The type r as it is now isnt a sport car. Its a fast family car. Its a small SUV.

Last edited:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
One major factor I bought the CTR was that it was a hatchback to transport my 64 lb dog easier. My old car was a sedan, no way i'd be losing 2 more doors.

Would have probably looked at the Focus RS instead, or a used TSX wagon.

To each their own.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
The coupes look nice and all but for some reason I prefer the hatch, and I've always hated hatches lol. If the Si came in a hatch I probably would've gotten one when they first came out.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I had an M3 coupe back in the day, when I was single. I am now married with kids and couldn't do a coupe, but wouldn't want to anyway. The extra doors and the hatch (not to mention the price and the gas mileage) make this car practical for somebody who wants performance but needs more room than a coupe provides. If the CTR was only offered as a coupe I wouldn't have considered it.
Sponsored