If Honda Actually an AWD 2019 CTR, Would You Pay Extra for It?

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The NSX is a heritage car. The CTR (didn't exist until 1996) is still a Civic.
I suspect you're thinking a "halo" car. If you're trying to say the Civic is just the Civic, and a relative newcomer to the R badge, then the RA272 is a heritage car and the NSX (didn't exist until 1992) is still a street car.
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Regarding AWD, it seems (from what I've read) that once you start tuning the CTR, you quickly start losing the ability to put down power. The engine might be capable of making 400+ whp, but if you can't apply more than 40% throttle at those levels, it doesn't help.

I'd definitely consider getting an AWD version.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Regarding AWD, it seems (from what I've read) that once you start tuning the CTR, you quickly start losing the ability to put down power. The engine might be capable of making 400+ whp, but if you can't apply more than 40% throttle at those levels, it doesn't help.

I'd definitely consider getting an AWD version.
SpeedFactory seems to be able to figure out how to get their car to hook up.

If there's a will, there's a way.

ep3_lol

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Lincoln Navigator L, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If I had wanted AWD, I would've bought a Focus RS. Never driven an AWD car that I liked. I would not even consider an AWD CTR.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
SH-AWD would be wicked. FWD might be great at most optimal weather but most people live in the real world where there is four seasons and plenty of rain.

jinderC

AWD. meh
Honda proved you don’t “need” it with the R. Just improve your driving skills and learn how to control a car correctly.

I driven many AWD from sub to Audi and the SH-AWD....and just don’t like them.
Sort of odd to hear people still thinking about a AWD Type R. No thanks lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
An AWD CTR? Nope not interested. A rear wheel drive one on the other hand...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
All the new attention to this topic .... I still think there's room in the Acura lineup for an 2.0T AWD 4dr hatchback...

While we're on the topic, Acura needs to have higher-level offerings. BMW has M. Audi has S. Mercedes has AMG. Acura has A-Spec...A-Spec, although cheap, is kind of a joke compared to the differences you get if you step up to an M, S, or AMG version of the Eurotrash comparisons. Even Cadillac has their -V options...

Back to topic.
I don't think we need a Civic Type R AWD. We could have a Civic Type R - powered AWD offering that would be pretty slick...something that isn't an RDX.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
All the new attention to this topic .... I still think there's room in the Acura lineup for an 2.0T AWD 4dr hatchback...

While we're on the topic, Acura needs to have higher-level offerings. BMW has M. Audi has S. Mercedes has AMG. Acura has A-Spec...A-Spec, although cheap, is kind of a joke compared to the differences you get if you step up to an M, S, or AMG version of the Eurotrash comparisons. Even Cadillac has their -V options...

Back to topic.

I don't think we need a Civic Type R AWD. We could have a Civic Type R - powered AWD offering that would be pretty slick...something that isn't an RDX.

I agree with you:thumbsup: , Honda might be cooking an Acura to fight a higher segment, such as Mercedes. While I don’t see the point to go after a single car (future A35\45 AMG), it could be the pressure release for Honda needs to sell his technology, since they might not think it is actually a profit chance, selling a higher priced Type R in the U.S.

However: I believe in miracles, and anything could happen. If they sell here some more hardcore CTR, I might go that route, not because it can be: AWD, Hybrid or just would run on Unicorn’s milk :D . I just think it might be Bananas, to drive something more hardcore than what already the Type R is.

Honda Civic 10th gen If Honda Actually an AWD 2019 CTR, Would You Pay Extra for It? D78E9A11-53E5-4754-A422-9055F7171B67

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ughhhhhh I wonder how much an all-carbon CTR would cost....yum yum though....

I think if they want to come out with a fast AWD sporty car, then just make a NEW car and do that, don't sully the CTR legacy. Just start a new model with AWD on it. The CTR will still be remembered for what it's done and how amazing it is, and the AWD lovers out there can drive something else !

jinderC

No thanks
FK8 proves you don’t “need” or even “want” AWD.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
No thanks
FK8 proves you don’t “need” or even “want” AWD.
Depends on what one's needs are for a do everything daily driver.

A few weeks ago I was trying to pass an 18 wheeler going up hill with about 4" of snow out there. He was going about 40mph. Once I got out from behind him into fresh snow, with fwd, I couldn't get above 40mph at all and I'm running brand new winter tires.

In my old awd Ralliart with good all seasons, it was no problem.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Don’t buy a car meant for the track and complain it doesnt outperform AWD cars in 4” of snow lol?

Like saying I’d want my cayman s AWD so I can drive it in the snow faster going uphill passing in deep powder. Nope
Sponsored