If anyone from Honda reads this board...

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is DCT is too expensive for a civic. I'm pretty sure only much more expensive (and powerful) cars usually have DCT. The new 2020 vette comes standard with it (I think). It's mostly for 400 or more horses. That much grunt would destroy a CVT in short order. CVT is inherently an economy trans. Not suitable (or desirable) for high-horsepower applications.
GTI gets one. The Ford Focus had a truly terrible one. The ILX has one (they are cheaper than many Civic trims these days). It isn’t necessarily a cost issue.

That said, the now ubiquitous ZF 8-speed is as good or better than any DCT this side of a Porsche PDK. The Honda designed 10-speed that is all through the lineup is pretty good too. The GM/Ford co-designed 10-speed too. You don’t need a DCT necessarily with how far traditional autos have developed. I still prefer keeping performance trims as manual only.
Sponsored

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
Please give us a DCT automatic Si. Your primary competitors have this as an option.

If you don't, I'll be checking them out when it's time to turn my EX-L in.
Oh please, learn how to drive a stick. It's more engaging and fun to drive. If you want everything to be easy and boring, play a video game.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Please give us a DCT automatic Si. Your primary competitors have this as an option.

If you don't, I'll be checking them out when it's time to turn my EX-L in.
I'm completely against that idea. The Veloster N also doesn't have an automatic. If you can't shift, TFB. Lazy, TFB. lol.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm completely against that idea. The Veloster N also doesn't have an automatic. If you can't shift, TFB. Lazy, TFB. lol.
actually it’s been reported and there’s even an ad by Hyundai that the VN will be coming out with an DCT version.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
actually it’s been reported and there’s even an ad by Hyundai that the VN will be coming out with an DCT version.

What's the V for? Virgin driver?

OP
OP

shabadoo25

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Oh please, learn how to drive a stick. It's more engaging and fun to drive. If you want everything to be easy and boring, play a video game.
I've owned more manual vehicles in my life than you ever will. Been there, done that.

Move along, please.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've owned more manual vehicles in my life than you ever will. Been there, done that.

Move along, please.
Yah, well, my dad has a bigger stick than your dad!

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
Save the manuals!!!

that is all.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Unlikely the Si would get a DCT anytime soon, primarily due to cost. The current ILX is being positioned as a holdover until the next gen comes to market in less than a year. I would not expect a DCT option to cost less than $28-30K on the newer package.