If a dealer removes splash guards can it cause damage/residude/scratches etc?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A dealer has the car I want but it has the splash guards already installed. Not a fan + don't want to pay extra. If they remove them for me will that cause any damage or require a touchup even if I don't notice?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
If they remove it now, no - there may be some slight marks on the paint but they'll easily be corrected by a detailer.

If you remove them after years of use, you will have to get those parts repainted/blended - speaking from experience.

That said, they do serve a purpose, and may be beneficial to keep in the long run.

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
I doubt the dealer will remove them for you, to much trouble for them and new clips they will need

On the older civic but no glue or anything but again i doubt they will remove for you

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well if they won't and/or if it will leave damage I will pass on it. I hate that they preinstall accessories.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Front splashguards came from factory on my car - rears were a paid option.

...I think lol
I wonder if that's a Canada thing. Here I picked up my car with no splashguards and the dealer installed all 4 afterward as part of the deal.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'm not sure - i'll keep an eye out for other civics and update, but I know that my car only has the fronts lol

crsswift70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
The install itself won't scratch anything, but the way they are designed is that the plastic edges lie against the paint. It won't take long for grit to get between the paint and plastic parts and scuff the paint. You can just do it yourself, the screws and clips can be re-used. There is one extra hole made to install them, you can just put that screw back.
Sponsored