Idle raises while rolling (Hondata base tune)

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Okay so i got a Hondata flash pro, just using the base tune, boost response and anti lag and disabled secondary o2. everything is fine accept that when i roll forward in our out of gear the car starts to idle up and if in gear with clutch up will roll forward on its own more then before tuning. Originally we had the throttle response up as well but I reflashed it without the throttle response and instead of idling up to 1500 rpm it now stays closer to 1150. any ideas as to what might be causing this?

2020 Si Coupe 1.5 no mods (yet) besides hondata flash pro
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so i got a Hondata flash pro, just using the base tune, boost response and anti lag and disabled secondary o2.

2020 Si Coupe 1.5 no mods (yet) besides hondata flash pro
Don't use anti-lag especially on a catted setup.

From Hondata's help pages:
"Note that ignition retard is used to control the engine rpm. This will build a lot of heat in the exhaust system. Do not use with a catalytic converter, and only use for a few seconds at a time."

And you're stock but disabling the secondary O2 sensor. Why exactly?

Make sure you add your car to the community tuning reliability database.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

Last edited:
OP
OP
the27thaxe

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Don't use anti-lag especially on a catted setup.

From Hondata's help pages:
"Note that ignition retard is used to control the engine rpm. This will build a lot of heat in the exhaust system. Do not use with a catalytic converter, and only use for a few seconds at a time."

And you're stock but disabling the secondary O2 sensor. Why exactly?

Make sure you add your car to the community tuning reliability database.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/
The care package i got from my friends also included a prl intake and down pipe that we just havent put on yet. The anti lag was more to say it had it then to actually use it. We where worried that adding the extra boost on the base tune (it adds 6psi) would make the secondary 02 read a rich condition and trip the CEL. Although using the phone app it seems to hold perfectly and never goes lower then 14.7.
Sponsored