Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
What's the most ideal alignment/camber for a Civic sedan for autocross?
Sponsored

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
What's the most ideal alignment/camber for a Civic sedan for autocross?
Assuming you are running in H Street, and have no alignment bits added to the car, you'll want maximum camber front and rear. On the Type R that's 1.3-1.5 not sure if those numbers are the same for the regular civic but don't see any reason they shouldn't be.

As for Toe, some people enjoy a small amount of toe in in the rear, and some like to stay neutral. I'm running zero toe all around and have no issues with that.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
I'm in smf on a base civic
If you're truly in SMF then there is not even close to a "ideal" or correct answer to this. It's going to depend on what your suspension setup is, tires, steering rack, engine swap, driving style, etc. etc.

SMF allows for a ton of mods, and even if you listed them all out, there is no way to give you a good answer as a ton of it will depend on driving style as well and what "feels correct" out on course.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
If you're truly in SMF then there is not even close to a "ideal" or correct answer to this. It's going to depend on what your suspension setup is, tires, steering rack, engine swap, driving style, etc. etc.

SMF allows for a ton of mods, and even if you listed them all out, there is no way to give you a good answer as a ton of it will depend on driving style as well and what "feels correct" out on course.
Yeah I'm just looking for a good starting point. I'll be running bc coilovers with truhart camber arms in the rear. Curious if I should get some white line -1 balljoints for the front.

OP
OP
Mrbadwrench

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Ended up going -1 front and -2 rear