Ice like substance in the hood of the car?!

primetime_045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Hey what's up guys I have a possible problem, so I purchased a 2016 Honda Civic LX this past Saturday, and today when I was leaving work I saw some ice, snow substance in the hood of my car, I live in NYC and it's extremely hot this time of year, everything seemed to work fine, no problems, so should I be concerned? Also when the engine is on and I'm on Park the engine makes a noise like a strong fan.
Please guys let me know I'm very reliant on a car for work. what I should do or should I be concerned for potential problems? P.S I just hit the 200 mile in my car
Thanks,
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pictures would help. Was it ice/frost on your hood or just something that looked like it?

The only thing I can think that would cause ice/frost on your hood would be if your AC line burst and freon was blasting your hood, causing condensation to freeze on the hood.

OP
OP

primetime_045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Yeah sorry I didn't clarify, I don't have pictures but it was definitely ice/frost on the hood. When I turned the car on everything worked fine, should I be concerned?

This morning I checked my car and everything was normal, no ice/frost but I didn't touch the a/c at all yesterday, a/c works fine also I just tried it, should I contact the dealer to avoid future problems? Sorry for all the questions its my first car and I don't want to mess it up

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I would say try and get it to happen again and get a few pictures, then go to your dealer. If you can get it to happen again on your way to the dealer that would be better so they could see it in person, otherwise you may get the dreaded "we couldn't replicate the problem" response that comes from dealership mechanics so often. Pictures will help get a response from them though, even if they can't replicate it in their shop.

racinginblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 civic exl 2016 lx coupe
It's just the air conditioning no concern it's humidity in the air my 2010 when new honestly one time shot out splinters of ice out the vents

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If he said it was on the windshield, then I would agree with you.

He said it was "in the hood". I'm going to assume he meant "on the hood"
Sponsored