ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood

Marc_Seegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R #12951
Country flag
The bump on the drivers side may not allow for a symmetrical hood pin...

Considered adding pins for track safety and reached out to J’s for placement recommendations and they said not needed.
I’ve done some high speeds with the j’s hood. No problems ?
Sponsored

flipnrr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r - 2004 S2000
Country flag
yes no need for extra hood latches for the J’s racing hood. i have asked them too before and had the same answer. its the same hood as the TC cars have and they don’t use latches and they’re confident that there’s no need coz its been proven at the track with no issues.

Honda Civic 10th gen ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood 19786920-14FA-44DF-8320-336B9504F36A

Honda Civic 10th gen ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood FEAFDB8F-F914-43AD-B5D3-E2DF0633BF2F

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
A buddy of mine just got his Js hood delivered over the weekend, got him to send pictures and yeah there's no place to add hood latches

Thanks guys

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Last time I had an FK8 and an Si side by side, the R looked like it was a tad bit longer. GUess I'll just yolo it LOL.

Latch is no issue, I'll prob swap and add hood pins
dimensions should be the same aside from the latch location. i know Eman put a ctr hood on his Si.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Thinking about pissing off my financial advisor and getting the Js / ICB hood. I can't stop thinking about how aggressive it looks. I spoke to my body shop who highly recommends painting the bumper and fenders to help paint match the hood. Says the CW paint is stupid hard to match correctly. He feels it wont look great otherwise. And of course mentions the stock hood can’t be installed again bc it won't match. Def surprised me and kind put me off from doing this.

How was the painting process for you guys? I assume NO ONE repainted factory paint on bumper and fenders for the new hood. How did body shop match paint? Also - how has the hood held up? Any issues? Any cracking ? etc. Just trying to weigh if it's worth it or am I opening up a can of worms. Thanks!

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Thread seems dead. Thought I’d give it a shot and ask if anyone purchased first molding rain guard and aluminum net for the j racing hood. They’re basically the same, but im wondering if the wholes line up the same

Hondahead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic type R
Country flag
Thread seems dead. Thought I’d give it a shot and ask if anyone purchased first molding rain guard and aluminum net for the j racing hood. They’re basically the same, but im wondering if the wholes line up the same
I have the J’s hood and ordered with the mesh and rain guard. I’m certain the rain guard is cross compatible but my mesh insert is glassed in, I’ll look if there are some sort of fasteners under the epoxy but I don’t recall seeing any? Wasn’t aware it could be added after the initial order but ?
Sponsored