Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood E19DE83F-50DB-4B33-BFBD-0F17BEB51125

Took a quick look at it. Gonna be a shame to paint over 95% of the CF on the other side... the sad part is could have saved a lot by choosing just the CF vent option on ICB instead of the whole top, but didn’t know at the time ?

Didn’t have time to check, but If the CF is already clear coated, Might go with it as-is for a little while, then paint later when get bored, but not sure I’d be able to get used to the mismatch CF hood look on a CW car. Heh.. would likely need to go all out and get other bits to adjust the look, then that may quickly become another rabbit hole for me lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood 1A211339-6FC3-4EEA-82D4-735696BF05EB

Whelp, I’ve got the J’s sticker which probably costs $200+ ? Ah well live and learn, heh. Paid $2,663 and local pickup, so saved on shipping.

Do like the grill mesh comes black, and the water guard fits perfect and is easy to remove and install.

$600 for paint and clear seems like a great price. Especially if they installed the hood also for that.

Pretty sure the J’s/ICB hood doesn’t require hood pins for the track, but will need to verify. Carrying it around, guessing the hood is much lighter than OEM.

yeah the paint cost wasn't to bad, mine was $600, i actually knew about the icb version way before the j's racing version. the hood is actually made in the first molding factory in suzuka japan. Icb motorsports distributes for them i believe. and j's racing just re-lables the hood for their company

OP
OP

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ctr, 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ, 1990 rover mini
Country flag
E19DE83F-50DB-4B33-BFBD-0F17BEB51125.jpeg

Took a quick look at it. Gonna be a shame to paint over 95% of the CF on the other side... the sad part is could have saved a lot by choosing just the CF vent option on ICB instead of the whole top, but didn’t know at the time ?

Didn’t have time to check, but If the CF is already clear coated, Might go with it as-is for a little while, then paint later when get bored, but not sure I’d be able to get used to the mismatch CF hood look on a CW car. Heh.. would likely need to go all out and get other bits to adjust the look, then that may quickly become another rabbit hole for me lol.

1A211339-6FC3-4EEA-82D4-735696BF05EB.jpeg

Whelp, I’ve got the J’s sticker which probably costs $200+ ? Ah well live and learn, heh. Paid $2,663 and local pickup, so saved on shipping.

Do like the grill mesh comes black, and the water guard fits perfect and is easy to remove and install.

$600 for paint and clear seems like a great price. Especially if they installed the hood also for that.

Pretty sure the J’s/ICB hood doesn’t require hood pins for the track, but will need to verify. Carrying it around, guessing the hood is much lighter than OEM.
yeah the icb hoods come with three or four different version depending how much cash you want to spend and what paint scheme if any the owner is going with,. The clear coat is really good on the hood, Lots and lots of exposed carbon,, might be pretty cool to take some photos of the all carbon on the car then painted. I have had both version before, decided this hood needs paint. Yeah the j's racing hood is a little more cash but not much. Same quality, just re-labled.. You're right 600 for paint isn't to bad at all considering the custom faded theme i went with. No hoodpins required, i have personally taken my car thru is paces with the cf hoof on. Never once felt nervous about it flying off. Matter of fact the sound of the BOV is super loud!!! The hood is lighter than OEM but not by much. Take your OEM hood off you'll see how light it really is.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car looks fantastic jonnys_honda!

Good to hear it helps with the temps at the track. A vented hood seems to be an integral part of the cooling solution.

Can hardly wait to get mine painted and installed.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Hood looks amazing!

How do they hold up in tropical climates (i.e. Florida) with the rain? Say you forget to put on the rain guard ? I know past EVOs had vented hoods from the factory ... just curious about the FK8 with a vented hood.

late camaro

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Nova SS, 01 S2000, 15 Camaro SS/1LE, 18 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like that hood, the vents look functional, the large center vent has it all over factory attempt, the air intake bump makes it!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here’s my hood. Starting to get more active on the forums.

So far the hood has been great. Kept my engine temps cool on the race track.
517D96FC-5826-43D7-B44C-46820203F424.jpeg
E5A0CADC-6CA2-4E3E-9F3F-E261ED3C7111.jpeg
F78498D6-7105-4365-BFD1-4CD6D0E22AB3.jpeg
Who makes this vented hood?

My bad. J’s?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Alan,
It’s available through ICB Motorsports or J’s Racing. They are the same hood and the one the Honda HPD/TC car is using.

ICB offers more choices for carbon fiber customization and might be a little less expensive than J’s.

J’s options are:
Full Carbon
Carbon Fiber top/ FRP bottom
FRP
W/mesh
W/rain guard

I did CF Top/FRP bottom w/mesh + rainguard. Total was $2,633 local pickup from J’s Racing USA, Signal Hill. Placed my order 1/29/20 so took approximately (4) months to get it.

Still need to factor in cost of paint, clear coat, PFF and ceramic, so not out of the woods yet.

Who makes this vented hood?

My bad. J’s?

Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood 111B185C-AA26-4F6B-A48A-343FB77A406C
Honda Civic 10th gen ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood 6DA401DC-A896-4FF8-8E6C-AC3E3B1ACCAA
Honda Civic 10th gen ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood CA98BC5A-08A5-421B-8D92-BB09159C212B
Honda Civic 10th gen ICB Motorsport's/J's Racing CF/FRP Hood 86276136-547F-4FB9-8F7F-A5C9A9F49A84
J’s Racing vented hood paired with the J’s grill, Morimo headlights and fogs. Front end is complete for now, until the J’s front bumper is released. But no idea how it will look. It would need to be significantly better than OEM or any of the current aftermarket offerings because Honda really nailed it. The stock bumper is perfect and so easy to work on.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Tom, that hood looks awesome. Nice choice on the paint scheme.
How was the fit?
Painters have any issues with it?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you Jeff. Fitment seems pretty spot on, although the driver’s side seam appears to be a little lower than the passenger side. It’s not all that noticeable and think I might be able to adjust by gently bending if needed. Much better than the grill. No complaints, install was a breeze.

No issues with paint, though I suggest going to a trusted shop with a good reputation. Beto’s nailed it perfectly. Was worried the fenders and bumper would also need painting to match, but it didn’t.

Btw how’s your J’s grill? Have you had an opportunity to install?

Tom, that hood looks awesome. Nice choice on the paint scheme.
How was the fit?
Painters have any issues with it?

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Thanks for the info Tom. I went to install the bumper today but ran into a minor fitment issue with one of the oil coolers. Going to try to sort it out on Monday.
Also looking at getting a J's hood now :)

garudatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
991 GT3RS
Country flag
would someone kindly share some more photos of the rain guards please? where does it direct water to? does it still allow ventilation?
Sponsored