IAT2 always warmer that IAT1 w/PRL CAI???

Naspear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Using Ktuner.
Sponsored

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
IAT1 is the air temp from the intake. IAT2 is after its been through the Intercooler. Sounds about normal. Your intake temperature is generally a little lower than your post Intercooler temperature. The air goes through the very hot turbo and then the small Intercooler trying to cool it, but it doesn’t do a good job if you’re modding. Upgrade your Intercooler and they’ll be about the same temp +- 5 degrees or even a little lower depending on the ambient air temp.

Last edited:

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
IAT1 is the air temp from the intake. IAT2 is after its been through the Intercooler. Sounds about normal. Your intake temperature is generally a little lower than your post Intercooler temperature. The air goes through the very hot turbo and then the small Intercooler trying to cool it, but it doesn’t do a good job if you’re modding. Upgrade your Intercooler and they’ll be about the same temp +- 5 degrees or even a little lower depending on the ambient air temp.
I still to this day don't understand which is which because from my understanding IAT is Intake temp and IAT2 is post intercooler. My IAT2 is always cooler than my IAT by about 10-15 degrees. I have a short ram intake, Stock intercooler, and Ktuner v1.2

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I still to this day don't understand which is which because from my understanding IAT is Intake temp and IAT2 is post intercooler. My IAT2 is always cooler than my IAT by about 10-15 degrees. I have a short ram intake, Stock intercooler, and Ktuner v1.2
On Ktuner IAT is at the MAF and IAT2 is post intercooler. Your intake is so heat soaked that even after passing through the motor and small IC you're still getting a temp reduction. As you move to something like a cold air intake you're reducing the air charge temp so much that the best you can hope for is about the same temp out of the IC vs what's going in.

With a 27WON intake and FMIC I usually see my IAT1 = IAT2 +/- a couple degrees C

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
On Ktuner IAT is at the MAF and IAT2 is post intercooler. Your intake is so heat soaked that even after passing through the motor and small IC you're still getting a temp reduction. As you move to something like a cold air intake you're reducing the air charge temp so much that the best you can hope for is about the same temp out of the IC vs what's going in.

With a 27WON intake and FMIC I usually see my IAT1 = IAT2 +/- a couple degrees C
I have cross checked by removing the harness grip. Its opposite to what you have said.... IAT2 disappears on V2 after removing the harness on the stock air box before Turbo..... Which clearly indicates that IAT 2 are pre Turbo air inlet temps where as IAT is post Intetcooler / intake temps...

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have cross checked by removing the harness grip. Its opposite to what you have said.... IAT2 disappears on V2 after removing the harness on the stock air box before Turbo.....
As I said in the other thread, your ECU could very well be different from the North American market. It's well established at this point that IAT2 is post intercooler. You're very confidently wrong. Tell @KTuner themselves they don't know what they're talking about.

I never mentioned the order of IAT, but IAT 2 is post in this case. Feel free to unplug it if you want to test that theory.
http://www.ktuner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1861

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
As I said in the other thread, your ECU could very well be different from the North American market. It's well established at this point that IAT2 is post intercooler. You're very confidently wrong. Tell @KTuner themselves they don't know what they're talking about.

http://www.ktuner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1861
I really become disappointed from the above reply " You're very confidently wrong. Tell @KTuner themselves they don't know what they're talking about".

I have gone through the link and felt the guy Prozento to be legitimately asking for which he didn't got a proper reply.

This is what happens when the questions whether right or wrong not being accepted in an optimistic way in arrogance.

Probably Ktuner is not updated till now. I want to learn about Kiehin ECU? Your reply is awaited.

Any ways i am into the conclusion that neither me nor your good self is wrong. It is different modbus addressing due to diff hardwares region wise.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag
I really become disappointed from the above reply " You're very confidently wrong. Tell @KTuner themselves they don't know what they're talking about".

I have gone through the link and felt the guy Prozento to be legitimately asking for which he didn't got a proper reply.

This is what happens when the questions whether right or wrong not being accepted in an optimistic way in arrogance.

Probably Ktuner is not updated till now. I want to learn about Kiehin ECU? Your reply is awaited.

Any ways i am into the conclusion that neither me nor your good self is wrong. It is different modbus addressing due to diff hardwares region wise.
i think it is fairly easy to understand which one is which. Ä°f it increases while making boost and decrease again it is the post intercooler which is iat2 on my european version 37805-5ANG820 ecu

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
i think it is fairly easy to understand which one is which. Ä°f it increases while making boost and decrease again it is the post intercooler which is iat2 on my european version 37805-5ANG820 ecu
Yes you may be correct but its not in our case... :) ... i have taken off the grip of MAF at Stock air filter box and got IAT2 error....

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
As stated in the other thread:
We don't label them pre and post. We label them IAT and IAT 2 based on how they come in through datalogging, the same way Honda does. If different markets come through in different orders this is how Honda intended it, for whatever reason.
Sponsored