First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
^ What he said.

Arrowspeed, this is the third time I've seen you tell everyone they're wrong. I guess you may want to tell JR from KTuner he doesn't know what he's talking about, too. He's stated numerous times IAT1 is pre and IAT2 is post.
@hobby-man @gtman

The ECU part Nob is not accessible for pic but here is the hardware details extracted from KT sofware:
ECU: 378205AGP511M1

I don't know about keihin ECU but all i know is we are following Thailand and getting OEM ECU and all parts Thai made.

Plus if there is difference of IOs between US and Thai ECUs than why my friends having Hondata are not having this confusion on the same ECUs? https://www.civicx.com/threads/why-an-intercooler-should-be-your-third-modification.23373/
.... it is exactly what Hondata says above regarding IAT (post IC intake) and IAT2 ( pre Turbo Air Filter Box MAF).

I shall be grateful to you both for the correction if i have the wrong understanding.

Honda Civic 10th gen IAT vs IAT2 20210515_214708

Honda Civic 10th gen IAT vs IAT2 20210515_215035

Honda Civic 10th gen IAT vs IAT2 20210515_215546

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
@hobby-man @gtman
why my friends having Hondata are not having this confusion on the same ECUs?
To me it's not confusing at all once you realize it varies depending on your tuning device (applies to 1.5T).

KTuner
IAT 1 - pre
IAT 2 - post

Hondata
IAT 1 - post
IAT 2 - pre

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
To me it's not confusing at all once you realize it varies depending on your tuning device (applies to 1.5T).

KTuner
IAT 1 - pre
IAT 2 - post

Hondata
IAT 1 - post
IAT 2 - pre
For Thailand , Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Pakiatan etc ... it is to confirm that

KTuner
IAT 1- Post
IAT 2- Pre

and the Pre is high because the engine heat dissipated in the engine bay of 10th Gen Civic do not have proper dissipation path so the charge air carrying more heat to the Turbo compressor wheel where as the intercooler is working to keep it down. Furthermore the air box is at top as compared to CAI which tends to get direct ambient air from lower less hotter side near the fender shield area....

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Yes please one can discuss with the tuners like Edgeautosports, TSP, IMW, REV6 Perf etc or device OEMs Ktuner, Hondata, Race chip ES etc as they all are giving tuning services across the globe and our Asian OEM FC1 ECUs are not from the Alien Planet.
If any one of those deny with the findings shared above than i seriously doubt their tuning capabilities.

The 3rd party tuners are tuning the cars in Asian region too so this thing must already been clear to all Tooooners.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
And yet a well known KTuner guy from Malaysia @CAPTS says otherwise.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/iat-tunerview.55391/post-890793
hmmm ? that was BEFORE when i replied but AFTER that i went to test it physically by pulling the sensor off as the "logical" readings is the other way round which is correct, date of video was in early October 2020.

yeah it is, i tested it multiple times by NOT guessing via both the sensors & verified + informed @KTuner sometime ago but some still disagrees.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
hmmm ? that was BEFORE when i replied but AFTER that i went to test it physically by pulling the sensor off as the "logical" readings is the other way round which is correct, date of video was in early October 2020.

yeah it is, i tested it multiple times by NOT guessing via both the sensors & verified + informed @KTuner sometime ago but some still disagrees.

The link I posted with you agreeing with me and JR was the only thing regarding this I had seen you post. Never saw this video before. My apologies.

Let's have KTuner verify this new info so we can clear up the confusion.

Last edited:

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The link I posted with you agreeing with me and JR was the only thing regarding this I had seen you post. Never saw this video before. My apologies.

Let's have KTuner verify this new info so we can clear up the confusion.
He was informed back then & we both have discussed about it.

It's quite easy to tell which is which after some observation.

The post link reply was meant for that guy who was banned & he claims to be an experienced tuner so i agreed with the opposite ;)

Last edited:

slowRthanU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic hatch
Country flag
So basically the only way to tell is to pull one of the sensors and see which IAT is misreading?

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
@hobby-man @gtman

The ECU part Nob is not accessible for pic but here is the hardware details extracted from KT sofware:

I don't know about keihin ECU but all i know is we are following Thailand and getting OEM ECU and all parts Thai made.

Plus if there is difference of IOs between US and Thai ECUs than why my friends having Hondata are not having this confusion on the same ECUs? https://www.civicx.com/threads/why-an-intercooler-should-be-your-third-modification.23373/
.... it is exactly what Hondata says above regarding IAT (post IC intake) and IAT2 ( pre Turbo Air Filter Box MAF).

@hobby-man @gtman

I shall be grateful to you both for the correction if i have the wrong understanding.

20210515_214708.jpg

20210515_215035.jpg

20210515_215546.jpg
@CAPTS

Last edited: