IAT vs IAT2

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Simple question. Where are the locations of IAT and IAT 2? Ive used the search function but keep getting conflicting information. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Civic17siYAY

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/threads/iat-and-ect-temps.24151/page-2

This says otherwise... which one is it? After using the search and google I honestly think IAT explanation should be stickied lol there is about half a dozen threads stating wrong information. (Or maybe right?)

Also, does anyone have any data regarding correlation between IAT 1 &2? I see a ton of info stating "x" intake lowered IAT by " Y" amount...is that lowering temp post intercooler? Pre intercooler? Both? Im confused friends... help me!

OP
OP
Civic17siYAY

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Unless you are using Hondata to read, in which case reverse it.
thank you that clears things up a bit and explains the confusion. Im using K tuner so IAT is pre and IAT2 is post. :)

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thank you that clears things up a bit and explains the confusion. Im using K tuner so IAT is pre and IAT2 is post. :)
Exactly. Yeah, this confused me too for a while, compounded by a Hondata post about intercooler being best third mod where I’m pretty sure they themselves were confused by the IAT1/2 switch on their software. Anyway, I’ve run both and can confirm, as others have, on KTUNER IAT1 is pre- and IAT2 is post-IC. On Hondata it is reversed.

OP
OP
Civic17siYAY

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Exactly. Yeah, this confused me too for a while, compounded by a Hondata post about intercooler being best third mod where I’m pretty sure they themselves were confused by the IAT1/2 switch on their software. Anyway, I’ve run both and can confirm, as others have, on KTUNER IAT1 is pre- and IAT2 is post-IC. On Hondata it is reversed.
You sir are awesome. Thank you so much for clearing this up.

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
Dear All !

With all due respect to members above, you all have a wrong understanding.... IAT is post Intercooler temps and IAT2 is pre- Intercooler....

Please check to remove the harness grip of Stock Air Box MAF sensor and see what is not diaplaying ... :)

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Arrowspeed have you considered your Asian ECU might just be different, rather than telling everyone they are wrong? Ktuner themselves have said IAT2 is post turbo on this platform, so you'll need to provide your own proof.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
^ What he said.

Arrowspeed, this is the third time I've seen you tell everyone they're wrong. I guess you may want to tell JR from KTuner he doesn't know what he's talking about, too. He's stated numerous times IAT1 is pre and IAT2 is post.

Last edited:

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
@Arrowspeed have you considered your Asian ECU might just be different, rather than telling everyone they are wrong? Ktuner themselves have said IAT2 is post turbo on this platform, so you'll need to provide your own proof.
Ok i ll update with pics

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
^ What he said.

Arrowspeed, this is the third time I've seen you tell everyone they're wrong. I guess you may want to tell JR from KTuner he doesn't know what he's talking about, too. He's stated numerous times IAT1 is pre and IAT2 is post. Hondata is reversed as far as I know.
What i have concluded is after verifying it physically..... i ll share the pics of my v2 after detaching this grip connector on the stock box
Sponsored