Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Apexaddict has posted here https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oe-2020-cooling-on-track-more-data.55560/ re engine and oil temps at the track as found by the LogR app. His concern was that the engine was pulling power significantly with each subsequent lap as coolant and derived oil temps climbed.

I, too, have a 2020 car and have used LogR to look at temps and did not get quite as high as apexaddict but also did not get the same full drop in HP as evidenced by a drop in top speeds etc.

My car did not go in to limp mode with oil temps up to 250F but the ambient air temp was no higher than 65.

Given that neither of our cars went in to limp mode, the question is, what parameters are causing the drop in HP? Could this be high IATs??. Unfortunately, my screen was not set up appropriately for track use and I now see that the LogR app will show IAT in real time. Does anyone have any data?
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
High IATs (mostly IAT2 at the MAF sensor) lower boost, but not significantly until about 120F. ECTs over about 210F progressively lowers ignition timing, eventually going to limp mode around 240-260F but it's not known what precisely trips it. This is why generally any decrease in thermal load on the track will translate into an increase in horsepower.