CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Wanted to see what temps people are seeing for IAT and ECT for their cars. Feel like my car runs hot.

Example
-Highway driving at 70mph
-IAT:109-113
-ECT: 183-186
-Temp outside low 80's
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanted to see what temps people are seeing for IAT and ECT for their cars. Feel like my car runs hot.

Example
-Highway driving at 70mph
-IAT:109-113
-ECT: 183-186
-Temp outside low 80's
Look for your IAT2 Temps. Those will be the temps after your intercooler into the intake manifold.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look for your IAT2 Temps. Those will be the temps after your intercooler into the intake manifold.
Actually even though it seems IAT2 should be after, that is incorrect. IAT2 is in the MAF, IAT is in the MAP and after the intercooler.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually even though it seems IAT2 should be after, that is incorrect. IAT2 is in the MAF, IAT is in the MAP and after the intercooler.

Damn, I thought it was the other way around for like ever...lol...
My apologies all for the mis-information.
Wow, it heats up quick in that short amount of space...

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will check my EGT probe on my IC tube and see which one it is close to.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, I thought it was the other way around for like ever...lol...
My apologies all for the mis-information.
Wow, it heats up quick in that short amount of space...
I have not tested the PRL but have been testing another on track for a couple months and it works very well on track with temps after the intercooler normally being less than entering the turbo.

OP
OP

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I do have a PRL that I need to get around to installing. Just wondering what numbers everyone is seeing at various driving speeds, at stop lights, stock or with aftermarket intercooler or intake.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Completely stock at this time.
in low to mid 80 ambient, cruising at ~80mph, my IAT at the MAF is ~110 and IAT post IC is ~110. My ECT is like ~180-185.
If i floor it and give it some load, my MAF IAT will shoot up to like 130-140... but thanks to the PRL intercooler post IC IAT will drop down to like 100 .

that's with the heat soaking pretty shitty open intake called the injen though.

Don't ask me about when i'm sitting in LA traffic lol. The IATs at the air box skyrocket with this intake.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
in low to mid 80 ambient, cruising at ~80mph, my IAT at the MAF is ~110 and IAT post IC is ~110. My ECT is like ~180-185.
If i floor it and give it some load, my MAF IAT will shoot up to like 130-140... but thanks to the PRL intercooler post IC IAT will drop down to like 100 .

that's with the heat soaking pretty shitty open intake called the injen though.

Don't ask me about when i'm sitting in LA traffic lol. The IATs at the air box skyrocket with this intake.
I bet Injen is laughing :pall the way to the bank on this one. It looks like the AEM version is no different. Hot air intakes.....:doh:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I bet Injen is laughing :pall the way to the bank on this one. It looks like the AEM version is no different. Hot air intakes.....:doh:
Seeing it in actual numbers after getting hondata makes it feel worse haha. Thankfully my PRL intercooler is doing a good job on keeping the post IC IATs down but the air box IAT is high. It's not so bad at moving speed but if i'm waiting at a light it's just there soaking up the heat very quickly.
PRL does start dropping the IAT once i'm going like 25mph although it probably doesn't drop as fast as if it was enclosed. I'll be making the switch to either Eventuri or AFE (since PRL is taking forever) so I can see how much of a difference my post IC IATs are vs an open one.

The only problem is now i have a $200+ useless pipe that noone wants to buy :thumbsdown:

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Seeing it in actual numbers after getting hondata makes it feel worse haha. Thankfully my PRL intercooler is doing a good job on keeping the post IC IATs down but the air box IAT is high. It's not so bad at moving speed but if i'm waiting at a light it's just there soaking up the heat very quickly.
PRL does start dropping the IAT once i'm going like 25mph although it probably doesn't drop as fast as if it was enclosed. I'll be making the switch to either Eventuri or AFE (since PRL is taking forever) so I can see how much of a difference my post IC IATs are vs an open one.

The only problem is now i have a $200+ useless pipe that noone wants to buy :thumbsdown:
Try sitting in traffic due to an accident where it takes you 30 minutes to go 3/4 mile. Those IAT’s will be in par with your coolant temperature. I had this happen to me before and saw 160-190 F at the IAT on my Civic SI with a short ram intake. :spaz:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Try sitting in traffic due to an accident where it takes you 30 minutes to go 3/4 mile. Those IAT’s will be in par with your coolant temperature. I had this happen to me before and saw 160-190 F at the IAT on my Civic SI with a short ram intake. :spaz:
we both live in socal, we both know how the traffic can get around here with one accident on the freeway. :rofl:
I've seen like 155 iat when I was stuck at a railroad track so i have no doubt it'll go higher and higher lol. At least the intercooler will cool it faster than if it was NA lol.
Sponsored