I will never ever never never never never never buy a first year production model!

tgx78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Manual
Country flag
I wouldn't say the 10th gen has a "phone book" amount of problems. I have an EX that i bought in January and the only issues that it have encountered thus far are
1. Cracked drivers side rear-view mirror (fixed under warranty)
2. Piston-CLIP recall (nothing wrong was found)
3. Minor rattle under heavy acceleration ( fixed it was the heat shield rubbing)
4. Glove box creak (fixed myself $3 fix)
5. Emergency brake software update recall (i don't even use the E-brake so *shrugs*)
6. So many people driving these cars around i enjoyed the honeymoon phase of being the only one on my county with one. They have quickly multiplied. Kinda awkward pulling up to a stoplight and there being 4 Civics haha (personal problem).
My glove box creaks like crazy.. can you share how you fixed yours?
Sponsored

Keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I have owned every single gen Civic ever produced and the 2016 civic is the best Civic ever made. Sure in the beginning Honda has a few issues but they always do and by year 3 Honda adds some nice pricy updates for free. I came from a 9th gen Si and stepping into an EXT Im not missing it. My only advice to you is trade/ sell your car ASAP before nada book values hit.. you might be able to have a dealer give you a little more than normal.

What I don't get is how Honda made a 27k civic and people actually buy it.. lol ;)
I have an EX that I paid $21,400 and I'm quite happy with it overall and not planning on selling or trading. I am reading with interest some owner's complaints and hoping I don't encounter the issues they're experiencing.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
My glove box creaks like crazy.. can you share how you fixed yours?
I bought some foam weather strip from Home Depot they make it in all sizes. Then i just cut it to size and like you would do to a screen door you just place it in the "door jam" area of the glove box. It'll create a tighter seal and the creaking should subside.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
TL;DR - "my economy car has rattles because it's a first year build".

The Civic was already at the top of my list, and if the problems reported here are the worst the first year cars have, I've got nothing to worry about.

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread makes me nervous... I'm passing through 24,000 kms (~15,000 miles) on my EX and so far the only issue I've had has been a minor one with the entertainment console. I've done city driving, extended road trips, 8+ hours continuous driving, extended idle, and the majority of driving conditions ranging from snow to heavy rain.

Mine came from the Alliston plant in Ontario, presumably one of the earlier builds since I got it just last December. Also, I feel like I'm seeing very few EX's on here with issues but maybe I'm wrong.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Don't let any of it make you nervous.

Every single car will have some issue or other, and if yours develops one, just get it fixed when it comes up.

There are far, far worse things that a first MY car can have - exploding tires, sudden acceleration, spontaneous shattering of sunroofs, etc. If a creaking glovebox and some rattling are the worst, then it's still not so bad.

There are a very, very small amount of owners here who actually are experiencing some pretty bad things. Except for those ones, the majority of "issues" are either negligible in everyday life, or minor annoyances at best that can be fixed one way or another.

In my 7 months of ownership, it's been nothing but a pleasure.
Sponsored