OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
Honestly beside MPG I find this car awful! The suspension starts to feel soft. There is a metal noise on the right side when driving over broken pavement. The right inside front door handle popped out. I have puncture on the front side door panel right around the window from a in and out bag. Yeah and back corner perforated the soft plastic crap! This car is falling appart in 12k and 3 months! I recently looked a a Hyundai Venus and that car feels solid but nosier and the shifter is years ahead!
Sponsored

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 BMW S100RR, 2014 Ridgeline Sport
Country flag
Honestly beside MPG I find this car awful! The suspension starts to feel soft. There is a metal noise on the right side when driving over broken pavement. The right inside front door handle popped out. I have puncture on the front side door panel right around the window from a in and out bag. Yeah and back corner perforated the soft plastic crap! This car is falling appart in 12k and 3 months! I recently looked a a Hyundai Venus and that car feels solid but nosier and the shifter is years ahead!
Please buy the Hyundai and leave the board if it's SO terrible.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Yeah, I've heard Hyunday Venus has really solid door panel material that won't get punctured so easily, the plastic is harder to perforate, and its suspension doesn't soften nearly as quickly. The MPG is not too shabby either. I recommend you trade in that civic and get the Hyundai.

OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
Awesome! now when someone does have a concert is treated like going at the dealer!

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
True, and also different oils change color at high temperature at different rates. Generally, it's nice if the oil remains lighter longer, but If the oil gets amber colored it doesn't mean it's burning, or contains soot. Look at that black oil spread on glass and it looks quite nice clean amber. For example, in experiments involving just heating fresh oil samples, some oils may be still yellow while Mobil1 gets amber or brown. It doesn't actually get black, although it might look black in a thick layer and/or in incident and reflected light. In the light passing through a thinner layer, it's coffee amber color and of course there is no soot or anything black. The color probably comes from some additive and not from any breakdown of the base hydrocarbons.
Still, the same oil in my civic does gets darker much faster than in my CRV 2.4L NA. I believe this could be caused by higher temperature the oil may reach for a short time around the turbo, but it must be also caused by the significant blow by of dirty fuel coming into the oil straight form the cylinders. The fuel coming from the combustion chamber just can't look like new.
Another thing to think about is that the pistons are tight and should not see much blow by but some oil stays on the cylinders at all times. When the injectors spray into the chambers, that fuel will clean carbon off the piston crowns and top of chambers and some of that will get into the oil. Before GDI, the port injection would clean mainly the intake valve only, but now the injector is literally able to clean what is inside the cylinders.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have never nor will i ever follow a car manufactures recommended service for my cars, i take my car's to a reputable mechanic that i trust with my car's. I have a 2009 civic that is at 127k miles and i have had zero issues with the car, when i get it serviced by my mechanic he checks the car over every time and lets me know of the things that i will need to replace/repair in the now or in the near future. soon i will be selling my 09 civic, and will start driving my 17 civic year round. i will follow the same guidelines i did with my old civic, besides that i always change my oil every 5k miles no matter what the maintenance minder says. like a few others have said no car is ever perfect, you just need to find a place to get your car serviced where you trust that they are checking it over every time its on the lift. im at 31k on my 17 and so far have had zero issues besides the occasional rattle or the shifter having issues getting into gears, the shifter is something that will get better over time i feel, and the rattles well you deal with them. every car is going to have rattles no matter what brand it is.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
If it's like it when the car is stopped, it's obviously not the wheels, but whatever it is, should be under warranty still...so have it looked at. I'm on my 6th Honda Civic now, this being my first 10th Gen and my first Si model, but I'm quite pleased with everything on this one, as I have been with all the rest. I would never buy any other model car, unless I had money to burn on a higher end sports car. Only minor issue I have at all, is the stereo and infotainment system can be a little flaky at times and need a reboot, but other than that, car is solid and handles like a dream.
completely agree with you man, this is my 3rd civic and i love it just like the others....again the stereo and infotainment are easily fixed with a reboot, like rebooting your cell phone when its acting up. this is my first SI and i love it, and wouldnt trade it for any other car right now in the same price point.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well this thread was fun to read thanks for the laughs ive had zero issues with my 19 civic si and ive had it for a year and im about at 20k miles and have had no issues with my dealer either. my car has been a great car and would recommend it to others

and im not saying a lemon dosent exist a friend of mine has a 2019 camaro ss that has had the transmission replaced at 3k miles because it died and on top of that his car is rusting at 5k miles because of the poor paint and his dealer has only helped him once so it could be worse

Last edited:

OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
well this thread was fun to read thanks for the laughs ive had zero issues with my 19 civic si and ive had it for a year and im about at 20k miles and have had no issues with my dealer either. my car has been a great car and would recommend it to others

and im not saying a lemon dosent exist a friend of mine has a 2019 camaro ss that has had the transmission replaced at 3k miles because it died and on top of that his car is rusting at 5k miles because of the poor paint and his dealer has only helped him once so it could be worse

Laughs? Nice! Your 19 was it made in Indiana with an Indian manual transmission? I think that is the issue. I had to take it in 4 times with the issues before a foreman took a ride with me and I showed the issue. I have 28k on it in 7 months and the shifter only got smoother but just as sloppy.

I still have issues putting in reverse or my main issues going into 1st from 2nd under 13 MPH. It feels like there is a lock that does not let me get into first unless I am under 3 mph and that is dangerous if you are about to take a corner and are under 15, but that is not enough speed for 2nd to carry you out of the turn.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Laughs? Nice! Your 19 was it made in Indiana with an Indian manual transmission? I think that is the issue. I had to take it in 4 times with the issues before a foreman took a ride with me and I showed the issue. I have 28k on it in 7 months and the shifter only got smoother but just as sloppy.

I still have issues putting in reverse or my main issues going into 1st from 2nd under 13 MPH. It feels like there is a lock that does not let me get into first unless I am under 3 mph and that is dangerous if you are about to take a corner and are under 15, but that is not enough speed for 2nd to carry you out of the turn.
yup laughs most of the responses you have done are a bit out there but you do you

idk where the si is made but its a 6speed so idk and the stock shifter was sloppy but i swapped to a type r shifter with acuity upgrades no issues nice and tight. also reverse will always be a pain in the ass man... no syncros so its gonna suck and thats the same for my 19 si my old 1991 toyota pickup and the old 1974 bronco 3 on the tree reverse just sucks if you are not fully stopped.
also why are you down sifting from 2nd to 1st? if im going 8mph im still in 2nd..... no need to be in first unless you are coming to a stop or starting to take off..

edit: the coupe is built in Canada if my quick search is correct

OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
yup laughs most of the responses you have done are a bit out there but you do you

idk where the si is made but its a 6speed so idk and the stock shifter was sloppy but i swapped to a type r shifter with acuity upgrades no issues nice and tight. also reverse will always be a pain in the ass man... no syncros so its gonna suck and thats the same for my 19 si my old 1991 toyota pickup and the old 1974 bronco 3 on the tree reverse just sucks if you are not fully stopped.
also why are you down sifting from 2nd to 1st? if im going 8mph im still in 2nd..... no need to be in first unless you are coming to a stop or starting to take off..

another out there response for you...

I have the NA 2.0 so no turbo so no TQ unless I am above 3k. Unless I slip the clutch at that speed that will not carry me out of the corner reasonable speed to get rear ended!

Try going around a corner under 10 and have it in 3rd or 4th, thats how it feels, but what is worst I can not put in 1st to keep the revs up above 3k to have enought speed to use the momentum!

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
You can get right to the plant name with the lead several characters from your VIN. But remember that these are final assembly plants. Not necessarily where the engines or transmissions are assembled.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can get right to the plant name with the lead several characters from your VIN. But remember that these are final assembly plants. Not necessarily where the engines or transmissions are assembled.
i just googled it i dont care enough to know where its built from lol
Sponsored