Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Also first gear has a lockout and reverse doesn't have synchros. If you aren't able to get into the other gears all the time then you have a problem. This is normal for manual transmissions.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most people seem to be missing the point of one of the main questions the OP had. If the maintenance minder has been reset by accident, or because the system glitched or battery died or whatever, how do you know when to do an oil change. Some people will do it every 3k or 5k or whatever and not follow the MM. Every 7.5k that the schedule you posted would be fine as it will most likely be less than what MM would have told you if it hadn't reset. Based on the miles you drive it would be 8.5k or more miles before the MM went off. If something changes and you just do a lot of short trips than you should change it more often.
Its a good idea to write down the mileage when the oil was changed, just in case the MM gets reset accidentally.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Its a good idea to write down the mileage when the oil was changed, just in case the MM gets reset accidentally.
Very true. Since my first car I’ve always log in a notebook everything I’ve done to the car i means everything and keep receipts. In the past it’s helped with warranty work and selling a car
This was something that my farther and older brother told me to do I’ve been doing it for 35 years

B3B31011

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
The only thing I really hate about this gen civic is the interior hard plastics you can't leave keys or coins cause they will rattle like a 1980s car.

OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
I took my car for an oil change and just before that notice the window would not go up and kind of move in its track! They fixed it by adding some lubricant but they stained the outside trim from the lube they used. Great!

As of course they blamed my tint for the issue, yet issue did not happen on any other windows even the two in the back that was installed by the dealer!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Issue with maintenance schedule !!! Maintenance in not a rocket science, short answer : is the same for any car since 30 years........
^^^^ This. OP owned 330 cars before and never noticed? :rofl:

What's the big fire in the dumpster about when to change the oil? What's at stake? $5 worth of used oil? Whether you own a Porsche or a Yugo, If you are at 6600 miles 1.5 months after buying the car, I recommend just change the damn oil instead of whining here.

himnosiss

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic, bmw 320
Country flag
I have the same feeling.
Worst car I have ever owned and I also had a Dacia!

After 1.5y and 20M km everything started to fall apart. Too cheap, way too cheap.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same feeling.
Worst car I have ever owned and I also had a Dacia!

After 1.5y and 20M km everything started to fall apart. Too cheap, way too cheap.
I sometimes think people forget this is an economy car at heart. For the money, it's actually a lot of car. It offers very good performance, mileage and reliability.

Yes, the thin paint and rattles and other gripes are annoying, no doubt. But, you kind of need to put it in context.

Last edited:

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
I've had zero issues and I'm at 35k miles in 1yr. Change the oil every 5k miles myself and for that matter do everything myself bc, well it's easy and saves money. Also ran Ktuner at 5k-15k miles. No problamo.

Maintenance minder is irrelevant. Just change your oil every 5k, check cabin and engine air filters, check fluid levels, check steering and suspension for loose parts, check belts for cracks, check for leaks, rotate tires EVERY OTHER oil change.

Bam u just did your maintenance minder.

Been working on cars as a tech for a long time, it's not hard.

06XTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I took my car for an oil change and just before that notice the window would not go up and kind of move in its track! They fixed it by adding some lubricant but they stained the outside trim from the lube they used. Great!

As of course they blamed my tint for the issue, yet issue did not happen on any other windows even the two in the back that was installed by the dealer!
Same exact thing happened to my car with the window . I love and kinda dislike my Civic. Honda's quality definitely isn't what it used to be. On the other hand I really enjoy driving my car.

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
Same exact thing happened to my car with the window . I love and kinda dislike my Civic. Honda's quality definitely isn't what it used to be. On the other hand I really enjoy driving my car.
I hear this so often..

"Oh X isn't as good as it used to be, because I had this problem."

Look up the TSBs for the 90s civics, they definitely weren't perfect either...

There are plenty of people on this forum that have had absolutely no problems with their car, including me and probably many other people on this thread. Honda wasn't perfect, isn't perfect, and will never be perfect, neither will any other car brand. Nostalgia definitely puts a lens on how we view older cars. I'm saying that because I'm guilty of it too.

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what happened! I turned off the car and was still on, but drove to the dealer in Pasadena and all came back to normal!

IMG_20191220_154233204.jpg

Mine did this before while engaging cruise control on a busy freeway. Never has since.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Saying "Honda has bad quality" is an expression of an emotion, like anger, but has very little value as information or a basis for any discussion. Just like saying "my wife is so ugly."

What would make sense and would have some information content would be to say "Honda has worse quality (of this or that) than Renault," or Volvo or whatever you and anyone else might know. Or one can say "my wife is uglier than Robert Deniro" or put it in some other context. Now this is informative.

So if someone says Honda looks bad compared to Dacia, this tells me something that I can understand.:thumbsup:
Sponsored