Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
like what? That I am disappointed the car is far bellow expectation?
If it's like it when the car is stopped, it's obviously not the wheels, but whatever it is, should be under warranty still...so have it looked at. I'm on my 6th Honda Civic now, this being my first 10th Gen and my first Si model, but I'm quite pleased with everything on this one, as I have been with all the rest. I would never buy any other model car, unless I had money to burn on a higher end sports car. Only minor issue I have at all, is the stereo and infotainment system can be a little flaky at times and need a reboot, but other than that, car is solid and handles like a dream.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I have seen some back and forth on the answers so I'll just restate line by line. You may also need assistance in your understanding of what qualifies as a true issue, and how to validate in partnership with a service advisor:

I owned this car for 1.5 months and I got 6650 miles. This has been the worst car I have owned from the owner satisfaction point. The car is CHEAP, feels less solid than my Lancer that everyone bashed but it is quieter. Writing is not my forte so I will do a bullet list of issues that I find atrocious!

1. I have issues with the shifter not going into gears. At times have to shift to other gears to get it in. In almost all circumstances, it's either a 1st gear lockout or syncros not rotating within the transmission. Release and press in the clutch, and try again. 3 back-to-back lockouts between clutch cycles would signal an issue.
2. Right rear door makes the noise that some reported and I am certain is the weather stripping since the body gaps are not consistent and weather strip is too thin to seal
3. Around 4k my car just died, like power loss and the whole dash went haywire but came back as I continued driving. It happened while in ACC and going from 5th to 6th by pressing the clutch. This statement is written in a contradicting way as ACC means the vehicle's engine is off. How did you get to ACC with the engine off while simultaneously shifting from 5-6?
4. Steering input is not precises as in turning left is quicker then going right, also my center is off even after a good will alignment and specs seem ok! Might be an issue with the electric power steering. Have the dealer tech duplicate the issue with you in the passenger seat.
5. I feel the lane keep assist is never off since it feels like it tries to engage but realizes it should be off - Fix issue #4 first.
6. Car feels like 1 year old and less solid after just 6650 miles Multiple factors impact this ranging from bushings to ambient temps. Fix Issue #2 first.
7. No one can't tell me the oil change interval and points me to the dash gauge ever after I told them I reset it to default after the car died. Even Honda NA HQ is just as idiotic.- If the Maintenance Minder resets due to an issue, and you do not know the oil life % at that time, simply change the oil.
8. Why the AC has to be on all the time even if not needed be? You have to turn it off! No wonder they fail so fast! You are attempting to link normal wear & tear to a documented, premature failure. They are two independent issues.
9. Hill assist and brake hold fight each other, Parking brake used to disengage automatically when going forward, now only from reversing! Hill assist is triggered based on angle of incline and whether the shifter is engaged in a gate/gear. If you suspect an problem, take the same approach as issue #4.
10. MPG is good at 33-34 avg for me but the ECO is useless and the dash MPG is a joke! - Highly dependent on user behavior, and is an average.
11. sorting of mp3s based on time/date created on the usb? What? -

I wanted to like this car but between the issue I have, arrogance and idiocy from dealer I am not going to dive again into Honda family. I usually pay no mind to the kinds of Consumer Reports or Scotty Kilmer but they seem to be right, Honda is going downhill, and is sad since my moto was just amazing!

I did own 33 cars before most new and never had this issues on a brand new car!

So can anyone have an idea on the the oil change interval is? or maintenance interval? Is this below something I should follow?

What is the Honda Civic Maintenance Schedule?
The Honda maintenance schedule for the Civic is only slightly different from, say, the Accord. This schedule starts at 7,500 miles all the way up to 120,000 miles. See the services performed as well as the in-between mile markers you’ll need to bring your Civic in for.

Maintenance schedule in all modern Hondas is configured by multiple inputs ranging from number of cold starts to trip duration (and everything in between). Mileage-based schedules are no longer used.

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
I have seen some back and forth on the answers so I'll just restate line by line. You may also need assistance in your understanding of what qualifies as a true issue, and how to validate in partnership with a service advisor:
ACC is the cruise control he's talking about i think

OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
Oh,

And you spelt Ford wrong in the title.

"I will never buy a FORD again!"

All urine pee pee.
Ironically my 2005 Focus only had a bearing go out at 7k and at 39k a fuse took out the computer!

OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
Toyota has their share of problems too. No car manufacturer is perfect. We came from a Prius and still own a Corolla. However, I still have a love for Honda. If you want cars with little problems (and even then there's no guarantee you won't have problems) I would say make sure the car is made in Japan (our Civic Sedan is, as have all of my cars) it's one of the first things I look for, the exception was my 05 TL and it was garbage lesson learned stick to Made in Japan. Try to buy higher end models from Honda/Acura (ilx has the K series motor) & Toyota/Lexus (Lexus bends over backwards to make their customers happy) all the while avoiding Nissan. If you're buying low end cars like a civic (us included it's our commuter) too much technology isn't always a good thing at that price point. Personally I'm glad we have the 2018 model year. Recently we had a 2019 loaner for a week and I hated the adaptive cruise control and lane assist. It is unusable in areas with heavy traffic and more of a liability than it's worth. That's my take though. So far our civic is about a year and a half old and we have already passed the 36k miles threshold. As long as it lasts 5 years with regular oil and tire changes I'll be happy. I'll be happier if I get more miles out of it than the Prius we had.
I did research on the Honda and the K motor was my choice and also got the LX for not wanting the head unit but the rest like acc/lkas was standard. My 17 Versa S that was manual felt more solid than this and yes, the trunk did not align properly but got it for 11.5k OTD!

OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
I took the car in today for the shifter and vibration issue. I was welcomed with a 170$ diagnostic fee that is waived if there is warranty work. So If they deemed it within spec I still have to pay the fee under warranty! Being treated as a fast and and furious boy racer just because I picked a manual was not a forte in this experience! How low can this go?

Last edited:

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
My civic has 3000 miles only highway miles and the trim all over the car is falling apart. I would not recommend honda right now. My wives crv seems to be holding up though.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
My civic has 3000 miles only highway miles and the trim all over the car is falling apart. I would not recommend honda right now. My wives crv seems to be holding up though.
Pics or it didn't happen.

I have 45k kms on my EX sedan and there is nothing lose anywhere inside or outside the car. Not even a little bit lose.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
like what? That I am disappointed the car is far bellow expectation?
As in you personally have done something very wrong/catastrophic and are not sharing this info. Then you come in here to rage about things that are either your fault, are actually normal or only ever happened once.

I have been buying and driving Hondas for almost 30 years and I have never had the count of issues you claim across all 5 of my cars. Cars that I averaged owning for 11 years and 200,000+ KM each. Matter of fact the first warranty service I have ever had to have done was on this new Civic and related to the infamous AC whistle. I worked with the dealership and the issue was resolved to my satisfaction.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like OP has some odd issues that are not normal. Also seems like he's experiencing a lack of understanding of the car. Yet, instead of talking to his dealer about it, he decided to complain on a forum that is not officially backed/sponsored by Honda USA.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
my 2016 w/2.0 6sp, almost 10k before the minder came on. ifn i remember correctly. 2017 lx hatch w/ 6sp, came on about 6.5k. 2019 si not yet at 4k. at 4k and 7mo. old i may go in before the minder comes on, tuffest ive been with any of them so far.
never got locked out of any gear, on any of them. no rattles in any either, well except when crankin the sub.
if your trip to the dealership doesnt go well i wonder if there are independents you can use for the lemon law.

OP
OP

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
This was before but did not happen ever since!

Honda Civic 10th gen I will never buy a HONDA again! IMG_20191220_154233204