I went toe to toe with an sti earlier today on the highway, guess who won..

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Ive taken turns in the Si at speeds I couldn't comprehend, and I felt confident because the vehicle itself felt confident. Now Ive taken similar turns in a rental Corrolla I had for a week at almost half the speed I took in the Si and almost went off the road. So moral of the story? A great confident driver's car, makes a great confident driver.
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
FWD is absolutely not better than RWD when it comes to handling. I find it crazy that people in these communities try so hard to justify why their cars are superior. Just love it for what it is. Admit its faults and celebrate its strengths. I came from the Subaru community and that one was the same way.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
FWD is absolutely not better than RWD when it comes to handling. I find it crazy that people in these communities try so hard to justify why their cars are superior. Just love it for what it is. Admit its faults and celebrate its strengths. I came from the Subaru community and that one was the same way.
I agree but most cars out there are FWD actually the best handling platform is mid engine and AWD on top of that I’ve driven my friends fiero years ago that was the best handling car I’ve driven

Apone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC-F
Country flag
Agree on both counts, FWD should not be better for handling. However, there are occasions where great results are accomplished with the platform. And comparing a challenger to say a VW GTI......well I know which one I think feels better in the handling dept. And yes, that is because of weight and several other design choices. Inherently though, asking the front wheels to both power and steer is flawed and RWD should be a pure experience with better weight distribution in most cases.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I agree but most cars out there are FWD actually the best handling platform is mid engine and AWD on top of that I’ve driven my friends fiero years ago that was the best handling car I’ve driven
Just be glad you didn’t burn to death in that fiero lol

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
It's not better, AWD is always going to be the best choice. RWD and FWD both have their strengths and weaknesses, how well each handles has to do with suspension setup, tires, how well the center of gravity is etc. The issue with AWD is the additional expense, the weight it adds as well as the complexity. I am sure every car manufacture would love to stick awd in all their vehicles, but than every new car would be plus $30K and mpg's would suffer. The one case where awd is not superior to fwd is in the CTR, but this is an exception. Manufacturer stick with fwd because frankly, it's cheaper, less complex, and makes the car lighter than awd or rwd

EDIT

The Toyota 86, which I drove last year definitely out handles the Si on twisted roads, and it is rwd and has LSD as well

Last edited:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
The Toyota 86, which I drove last year definitely out handles the Si on twisted roads, and it is rwd and has LSD as well
Tell that to Car and Driver in their Lightning Lap track competition where the Si destroyed the BRZ( a Suburu Toyota 86)

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tell that to Car and Driver in their Lightning Lap track competition where the Si destroyed the BRZ( a Suburu Toyota 86)
Well, the only thing I can say is the guy driving the Si in the lighting lap is a hell of a better driver than me! When I drove the 86 I found going around the turns much easier because I could slide the tail of the car, where in the Si I would have to let off the pedal and then wot into the turn which made me lose momentum

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m probably getting way off topic here but i test drove the BRZ and the WRX STi before I purchased my Honda Si, once again for me the Honda was 100% better choice, the reason is the rumble, vibrating, noisy boxer engine in the Subarus, just not comfortable cars.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The BRZ in the test was running touring tires vs the Si running summer performance tires.

flash_company

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I own both.
It’s apples to oranges really...

My Si is such a better daily driver, comfortable, 35MPG, fun to toss around, I drive it 95% if the time.

My STI is raw, there’s no comparison.. it’s the most raw oldschool car available.
It’s very inefficient and gets 15mpg, but absolutely everything is mechanical and i’d never trade that car.
It spins the rear tires with ease, the boost is abrupt, the sound is amazing, and the short ratio hydraulic steering is unmatched with today’s electronic systems.
My STI has 408whp on pump gas, and it keeps up bumper to bumper with my friend’s tuned E63 AMG even at high speeds.
Amazing car, imo it was designed to be built.
The Si was designed to be a sensible fun daily.

Honda Civic 10th gen I went toe to toe with an sti earlier today on the highway, guess who won.. 28F19F12-A187-4BCC-A4D5-4E86056D260F

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ehh is it really though?
IMO yes. I like it. I have always liked them.

MSRP is 50K..

IMO isn't ugly but is far from pretty. The aftermarket looking wing isn't helping, looks wise that is.
If your talking about that STi that wing is stock. Comes on that RA Spec only.

Driver skill > everything
1000% true
I got proof...I had better run time at a autoX event with my 2.slow 2014 Jetta then this guy in his 981 GT4 Cayman. Though he was a novice, and I have been to a few events not many, but not enough to call me a pro. I was on Sumitomo tires that were shit. Only good thing going for me is that the BC racing coil-overs were tuned correctly. We cornered balanced the jetta at work with 918 corner balancing tool lol.

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I own both.
It’s apples to oranges really...

My Si is such a better daily driver, comfortable, 35MPG, fun to toss around, I drive it 95% if the time.

My STI is raw, there’s no comparison.. it’s the most raw oldschool car available.
It’s very inefficient and gets 15mpg, but absolutely everything is mechanical and i’d never trade that car.
It spins the rear tires with ease, the boost is abrupt, the sound is amazing, and the short ratio hydraulic steering is unmatched with today’s electronic systems.
My STI has 408whp on pump gas, and it keeps up bumper to bumper with my friend’s tuned E63 AMG even at high speeds.
Amazing car, imo it was designed to be built.
The Si was designed to be a sensible fun daily.

28F19F12-A187-4BCC-A4D5-4E86056D260F.jpeg
You should breed them and you will have a Subahonda STSi. That reminds me when I first got married, my wife would refer to my Corolla as a ToyotaHonda
Sponsored

Last edited: