I was dumb and turned my Hatchback into a glider...

the_dEWD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hey All! Hope everyone is doing well in Civic Land!

Yesterday I was really dumb and while trying to get the fun feeling in my stomach while going over a hill, I straight-up launched my car airborne (I know... Dumb). Luckily, the only damage to the car was to the bottom of the engine cover and the plastic under trim. I'd love to replace it on my own to avoid having to come up with a story for the dealership.

Does anyone know the part numbers I would have to order? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! And if you want to tell me how dumb I am, that is welcome too I guess xD
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This would've worked much better than a Civic:

Honda Civic 10th gen I was dumb and turned my Hatchback into a glider... 201805-5parks-1KHK1

Having said that, in my younger days, I did the same thing you did.

OP
OP

the_dEWD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Shoulda recorded it, or had someone record it from the sidewalk or something. Do it again, so we can see you do it!
LMAO, I wish I did! It was one of those spontaneous things when your dick is doing the thinking. I was planning on going up over the hill and getting the fun, stomach sinking feeling... Instead, I straight up launched her! Looking at how much it's gonna be to fix her and the fact that I figuratively shit my pants, I'm (probably) never doing that again.

My lower engine cover was dragging on the ground and luckily some kind stranger stopped and gave me some twisty ties to secure the part. After talking, it turns out that a few months ago, some kids actually died doing what we did so we were very lucky.

For those curious, my girlfriend doesn't argue with me about my dreams/ ability to become a rally car driver anymore xD

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
get your front end inspected. I doubt that something might be bent as the car slammed suddenly after being airborne.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I did that lots of times in my younger days in an old beater car in White Haven, PA. They had a perfect hill for catching air. One time after some really good air time I got pulled over a few miles later because of all the sparks coming from under my car, my muffler was dragging on the asphalt. Just got a warning ?

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only cars in hollywood can be driven off with hard landing. Most of the time you will crack the radiator, upper control arms, axles or bend the radiator support frames in real life.

Honda Civic 10th gen I was dumb and turned my Hatchback into a glider... giphy

OP
OP

the_dEWD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
get your front end inspected. I doubt that something might be bent as the car slammed suddenly after being airborne.
I'm doing this today, as much as I'm scared to find out about the damages, this is definitely the smart thing to do.

OP
OP

the_dEWD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Only cars in hollywood can be driven off with hard landing. Most of the time you will crack the radiator, upper control arms, axles or bend the radiator support frames in real life.

giphy.gif
Holy f*ck am I a lucky duck!

Just got back from the dealership and the only damage was a few minor scrapes to the trans pan!

Got another project to add to the build list but I'm so grateful it's only going to be a couple hundred to fix!

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Holy f*ck am I a lucky duck!

Just got back from the dealership and the only damage was a few minor scrapes to the trans pan!

Got another project to add to the build list but I'm so grateful it's only going to be a couple hundred to fix!
wow you are in luck bud...

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
LMAO, I wish I did! It was one of those spontaneous things when your dick is doing the thinking. I was planning on going up over the hill and getting the fun, stomach sinking feeling... Instead, I straight up launched her! Looking at how much it's gonna be to fix her and the fact that I figuratively shit my pants, I'm (probably) never doing that again.

My lower engine cover was dragging on the ground and luckily some kind stranger stopped and gave me some twisty ties to secure the part. After talking, it turns out that a few months ago, some kids actually died doing what we did so we were very lucky.

For those curious, my girlfriend doesn't argue with me about my dreams/ ability to become a rally car driver anymore xD
Try "Thrill Hill Rd in Florida.. 229' drop @ 82°.. Lol
Sponsored