I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!"

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I bought my civic touring over an accord 1.5T Sport.. I literally thought the civic interior was nicer and more comfortable and fit me better.... saved several grand with that decision...
Sponsored

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
Like the Accord screen, and volume/tuning nobs should be big so you can grab them without looking.
Wish the Civic had this setup.

OP
OP

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
...Amazing! I bought my car specifically for these beautiful and tastefully placed pieces of plastic! :nixon:They are a thing of beauty and those trims that don't have them look like crap :thumbsdown: or Corolla clones!
I wish I was a racer or a boy, but unfortunately, I'm neither... and I never watch movies about FBI agents, so maybe that's why I'm unaware these tremendously handsome trim pieces make me look like a Fast and Furious racer boy. Which actually sounds flattering to me...
Gruber, I usually agree with your post, the FBI line is funny...but I hope you are joking. No grown adult should choose the matchbox looking teenie boy car with those fake vents. It is Just so Ugly. I am sorry man :) super ugly. Look at 'em. Fujjjjj. Gross, nasty. :crazy:

just kidding.
I know .. "beauty is in the eye of a beholder" definition beauty cannot be judged objectively, for what one person finds beautiful or admirable may not appeal to another.
But if I see one I have to get the barf bag out pronto.

But let's not let the fake vent sway the topic away from the uglyness of the accord radio./

PS: some of you take these threads way too seriously... to analytical levels. have some fun with it.
sorry about the side tracking.

Honda Civic 10th gen I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!" civic-d.JPG

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I can't get past the exterior of the Accord. That front grille is just ugh, what were they thinking. Not a fan of fastback sedan styling fad (part of the issue I had with the Civic sedan too but its worse in the Accord, reminds me of a shorter Crosstour, and the Crosstour was a disaster in sales). And the body side line curve/crease in certain angles reminds me of the Sonata.

Honda Civic 10th gen I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!" civic-d.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!" 2018-honda-accord-officially-revealed-news-car-and-driver-photo-685785-s-original

^ See that side line above door handles/runs though the fuel door? It screams of a Sonata. Front grille only works for a black car too which hides it best. What's with the big openings on the bottom and why can't they put the Sensing radar sensor behind the Honda emblem which is what other manufacturers are doing?

I don't have to get inside an Accord, having seen them IRL, I just can't warm up to the exterior.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I can't get past the exterior of the Accord. That front grille is just ugh, what were they thinking. Not a fan of fastback sedan styling fad (part of the issue I had with the Civic sedan too but its worse in the Accord, reminds me of a shorter Crosstour, and the Crosstour was a disaster in sales). And the body side line curve/crease in certain angles reminds me of the Sonata.

^ See that side line above door handles/runs though the fuel door? It screams of a Sonata. Front grille only works for a black car too which hides it best. What's with the big openings on the bottom and why can't they put the Sensing radar sensor behind the Honda emblem which is what other manufacturers are doing?

I don't have to get inside an Accord, having seen them IRL, I just can't warm up to the exterior.
Frankly, all these sedans look almost the same. Upper crease, lower crease. Door handles above it, or on it or below it . Fuel door over or under. Plastic grille. I'd pick the Sonata shape with the Audi logo.

Honda Civic 10th gen I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!" zaFLRhehjjhutOL9ky-CWyDG5FxQhTFD69CpdL8kObaXEFtoKO-pDBKSld4w?width=1360&height=903&cropmode=none

Honda Civic 10th gen I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!" DMwUm4Q_rOYTcS3N75YX8fI6rCaPHmK-BCQuLL2Cm69AQ2h4uJIl0yeZZBMPw?width=916&height=515&cropmode=none

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag

The Sonata is a great looking car (imo), so I don't see anything wrong if manufacturers copy design. My issue with the Accord looks is the front grill and the rear tail lights - they just look wrong on the car. Honda should've gone w/ the Audi A7/Kia Stinger/Buick Regal Sportback route and made it a hatchback, which doesn't seem to difficult to do considering the profile.

We need to learn to embrace Hatchbacks over crossovers :)

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd pick the Sonata shape with the Audi logo.
Wrong Sonata. The deeper curve on the Accord reminds me of this generation Sonata...

Honda Civic 10th gen I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!" 1024px-2010-2012_Hyundai_i45_%28YF%29_Active_sedan_%282018-08-27%29_01

Honda should've gone w/ the Audi A7/Kia Stinger/Buick Regal Sportback route and made it a hatchback, which doesn't seem to difficult to do considering the profile.

We need to learn to embrace Hatchbacks over crossovers :)
Don't like those hatchbacks though I do agree, make it a hatchback. The Audi A5 Sportback has the perfect profile lines. A7 is just ugly in comparison.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Don't like those hatchbacks though I do agree, make it a hatchback. The Audi A5 Sportback has the perfect profile lines. A7 is just ugly in comparison.
Yeah, I will agree the A5 Sportback looks better than the A7.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love the A5 sport back. Same power as Accord and you get Quattro.
If I didn't have to drive so much for my daily commute, I would be driving an A5/S5 Sportback today!

Honda really needs to figure out their identity - Audi, MB, BMW, Mazda, Lexus, Porsche, all very easily identifiable in their design language. It seems like Honda is struggling - once upon a time they stuck for far too long with that ugly Acura beak, and now they have no idea what a Honda should look like. Tail lights shapes, front grille, etc, varies so much from the Civic to Accord to Insight to their SUVs.

Lexus, hourglass waterfall grille, whether you like it or not, its an unmistakable mark that tells you its a Lexus.

The Audi front grille, headlight/tail light design of Audi cars, all very distinctively Audi shaped.

The Mazda Kodo design language - you can see the shapes whether you're looking at a 3, 6, or CX-3/CX-5/etc. Its Mazda.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was considering the Accord line, but damn, this is a big downer! :nono:
So those of you that cried for a volume knob....Why Honda? why?

This is the ugliest radio setup I've ever seen.
Honda Civic 10th gen I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!" {filename}

It reminds of what it would look like of someone placed an etch-a-sketch and rest it against and blocked the center vents.
Why does the knobs need to protrude outside of the contour of the tablet?

for those that don't know what an etch-a-sketch is

Honda Civic 10th gen I was considering the Accord, but now it's a "Hell no!" {filename}
Honda, you should not have listened to the pathetic critics on You Tube saying a volume knob was needed. The screens don’t need one. Just click on the buttons on the steering wheel instead of sliding it. It’s so easy to use and looks clean. I’d never buy any car with those dials in the new Accord.
Sponsored