I want to lower but we have adaptive dampers?

ChefBoyardeez10

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FC3
Country flag
Hello thank you for clicking on this noob thread,

I have a 17' Si Coupe (@icy_fc3 on instagram), and I would like to get a slight 1' drop in the front and back, I know we have adaptive dampers so how does lowering either with springs or full coils affect our sport buttons and our Si suspension.
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello thank you for clicking on this noob thread,

I have a 17' Si Coupe (@icy_fc3 on instagram), and I would like to get a slight 1' drop in the front and back, I know we have adaptive dampers so how does lowering either with springs or full coils affect our sport buttons and our Si suspension.
You'll be fine going with lowering springs. It will not affect sport mode. Myself and many others on here use lowering springs

You can use coilovers, but you lose the active damping and you'll have a suspension error on the dash. If you get an error cancelling kit that plugs into the sensor that control the active dampers you will no longer have the error on the dash.

If you only want a drop and are not looking to improve over the stock suspension then lowering springs will be the better option.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
There are a ton of us that are on lowering springs and have zero issues, you'll be fine.

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just put in eibach pros on my 2020 si. You'll be fine. I got about a 1 inch drop and it looks great. Sport mode is just a little more bouncy at times.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll be good :)

I have tried H&R springs which sat really well and rode incredible, but were too soft on track. I have K-tuned Coilovers now, which are great because they have 30-way dampening adjustability, and with front camber plates I was able to dial in the fronts to -1.5 which was excellent for track use.

I will now be testing Whiteline Springs because I sell them, which means also reverting to stock dampers. The next time I'll have coilovers is if a tier 1 brand like Ohlins, KW, or JRZ wants to give the FC some attention as well.

PDCruzer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know with the Eibach Pro Kit we need a camber kit to go with it? For alignments?

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
I have the flex z’s on mine, other than a cold weather ticking noise on the front coils they ride great. Big improvement over stock.

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
I bought the eibach pro springs, and SPC rear camber arm kit off procivic going on Wednesday. Very excited!

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I bought the eibach pro springs, and SPC rear camber arm kit off procivic going on Wednesday. Very excited!
I'm a suspension noob. Can someone explain why some people by camber arm kits when running lowering springs and others just run the springs and nothing else? Is that only if you're looking to track the car? Does not running a camber kit with lowering springs mess with your tire wear or something?

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
I'm a suspension noob. Can someone explain why some people by camber arm kits when running lowering springs and others just run the springs and nothing else? Is that only if you're looking to track the car? Does not running a camber kit with lowering springs mess with your tire wear or something?
I did It because someone highly recommended it. They say handling is insanely night and day if you put springs and arms on. I’m not doing the biggest drop only about an inch so it’s not going to alter my angle that much to really wear on my tires I don’t think. This is my first time lowering a car, so if I said anything wrong just weigh in.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You will increase negative camber at the rear by lowering. You will need arms to have it back to factory spec (or for greater adjustability). The bigger concern, if you aren’t tracking car, is that you will increase/have uneven wear on tires from camber change. I originally ordered the Spec arms to go with Swift springs. Install seemed like more of a PITA than I wanted so I sold them and have monitored wear with every tire rotation (rotate my own every oil change). I have not noticed uneven wear. At a ~1 inch drop I don’t think you need them. Something more aggressive and you would (camber change will increase as drop increases).

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
You will increase negative camber at the rear by lowering. You will need arms to have it back to factory spec (or for greater adjustability). The bigger concern, if you aren’t tracking car, is that you will increase/have uneven wear on tires from camber change. I originally ordered the Spec arms to go with Swift springs. Install seemed like more of a PITA than I wanted so I sold them and have monitored wear with every tire rotation (rotate my own every oil change). I have not noticed uneven wear. At a ~1 inch drop I don’t think you need them. Something more aggressive and you would (camber change will increase as drop increases).
Yeah man I agree. Already got them so they going on tomorrow haha
Sponsored