BasedWilson

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2007 Kia Sorento
Country flag
I'm looking to replace the stock exhaust on my 2019 Si sedan. Not finding enough decent videos of aftermarket systems and want to put the call out there, if you have an aftermarket exhaust, would you mind posting a video (or audio) clip of cold start/warm start/revs/drive-by/in-cabin-noise/etc. Also fine if you know of good videos / sound clips that you have found before.

I am personally leaning most at getting either the aFe Takeda or the 27WON systems, but I'd like to hear anything you have that isn't stock!
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm looking to replace the stock exhaust on my 2019 Si sedan. Not finding enough decent videos of aftermarket systems and want to put the call out there, if you have an aftermarket exhaust, would you mind posting a video (or audio) clip of cold start/warm start/revs/drive-by/in-cabin-noise/etc. Also fine if you know of good videos / sound clips that you have found before.

I am personally leaning most at getting either the aFe Takeda or the 27WON systems, but I'd like to hear anything you have that isn't stock!
if you have not yet seen them, we have some videos on our YouTube channel. Also feel free to reach out with any questions.

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Factory Si mufflers, resonator not removed.
K&N SRI
RV6Catted Downpipe/Frontpipe

(video was cut off to stop my friend from reving on a cold start).

Another after it's warmed up.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I don't have any exterior sound clips but here is what the MAPerformance Street exhaust sounds like from inside the cabin when you are driving it hard -

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still recommend Borla. I've done an absolutely terrible job on getting a video made (not many places nearby that are good for getting good videos) but I promise it sounds amazing, crackles when letting off the throttle or shifting, aggressive sound when giving it gas, bangs when you hit the rev limiter, and with lightweight plus better flow I've noticed much better mid to high rpm power and response, only downside is a high sticker price. As I've said before, yet to be disappointed with a Borla.

Last edited:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I still recommend Borla. I've done an absolutely terrible job on getting a video made (not many places nearby that are good for getting good videos) but I promise it sounds amazing, crackles when letting off the throttle or shifting, aggressive sound when giving it gas, bangs when you hit the rev limiter, and with lightweight plus better flow I've noticed much better mid to high rpm power and response, only downside is a high sticker price. As I've said before, yet to be disappointed with a Borla.
That was my next choice but I couldn't pass up the quad tips :love: I will say I have used Borla exhaust systems on previous cars and loved them. They do sound really good and are made exceptionally well. Worth every penny.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That was my next choice but I couldn't pass up the quad tips :love: I will say I have used Borla exhaust systems on previous cars and loved them. They do sound really good and are made exceptionally well. Worth every penny.
I got you, the quad tip for sure was my second choice. It fits that center cut area perfectly.

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Check out the AWE TOURING EXHAUST. Lots of sound clips on the website. I personally like the deep tone. They have been doing this a long time and just entered the 10th Gen platform. If you want to go all out have a look at the TRACK EDITION. Let me know what you think.
https://www.awe-tuning.com/make/honda/honda-fk8-civic-type-r-exhaust-suite
I want to get this exhaust for my Type R. I’m hoping is the next performance modification I can add to my build. The stock exhaust is way to quiet. This seems perfect to me

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s decent. Not at all obnoxious for me, I’m used to non-resonated, no canister on naturally aspirated vehicles so the turbo keeps the noise suppressed a good bit. Have on order a downpipe to give it some more presence.
Are you planing on doing a tune after you install the downpipe?

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
AWE has come a long way. I’m pleased they have entered the civic platform. So much competition out there, I think they have stumbled onto something. They have been producing some really nice intakes, fingers crossed we see some for the SI and TYPE R

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AWE has come a long way. I’m pleased they have entered the civic platform. So much competition out there, I think they have stumbled onto something. They have been producing some really nice intakes, fingers crossed we see some for the SI and TYPE R
Sorry for the intrusion. I recorded a clip of the AWE Touring exhaust here. So far, I like it a lot. No drone.

Sponsored