I think I'm too anal about my stuff especially my car

rgrafton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I don't like taking people in my car because they aren't easy on things and slide their feet in and scuff up my door panels and kick plates. Also finding scuffs on my glove box and upper part of the door panel -_- I look at my side and there's none of that. I take my coworker a few times to lunch, my brother a few times to his friend's house, and it ends up looking like that. grrr. I'm sure I can buff them out, but it's just irritating.
Sponsored

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
My parents say the same thing about me. They give me the "it's just a car" line. If that were the case i wouldn't have worked countless hours and saved up like i did for this car. Plus if down the line i ever want to trade in or private sell those little scuffs etc will eventually make the interior look like shit. So no you're not anal you just care about whats yours.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Checking in. Unfortunately, nothing you can do about some wear & tear like the plastic scuffs you mentioned. Just gotta adapt the wabi-sabi mentality.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a bottle of interior cleaner in my center console with a microfiber. I'd hand them the rag and bottle and tell them "make it look like it did before you got in."

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
You wanna talk wear and tear....try having kids! (not sure how old your brother is) Coworkers have nothing on a 4 and 6 year old. Their favorite maneuver is while getting out of the back seat, they stand on the plastic area that extends from the door sill and pivot on their foot. I can hear the sand and dirt grind in, every time.

That being said, your car, your rules.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't like taking people in my car because they aren't easy on things and slide their feet in and scuff up my door panels and kick plates. Also finding scuffs on my glove box and upper part of the door panel -_- I look at my side and there's none of that. I take my coworker a few times to lunch, my brother a few times to his friend's house, and it ends up looking like that. grrr. I'm sure I can buff them out, but it's just irritating.
Not only that how bout slamming doors and trunk whats up with that :spaz:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not only that how bout slamming doors and trunk whats up with that :spaz:
I told my wife I would file for divorce if she slammed the trunk on my WRX again. It's got that big STI wing on it and she just lets it fall.

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's life. No one gets out of it alive. Especially not a vehicle.

Enjoy your car. Protect it, but be reasonable. No fun locking your car up in a garage 24/7 if you can't actually use it without having a full blown panic attack. Relax. Your car WILL get damaged. The key is to try to minimize the scuffs, knicks and scrapes without driving yourself crazy or overreacting and destroying bonds with people you care about because someone muddied up your floor mats or someone accidentally scraped your door.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You wanna talk wear and tear....try having kids! (not sure how old your brother is) Coworkers have nothing on a 4 and 6 year old. Their favorite maneuver is while getting out of the back seat, they stand on the plastic area that extends from the door sill and pivot on their foot. I can hear the sand and dirt grind in, every time.

That being said, your car, your rules.
I'm an Ogre and my Grandkids are not allowed in my car! GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRRRRR!

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I started a "no purse in the front seat" rule after my wife put a huge scratch on my brand new CRV's glove box. When I first saw the scrape I thought what the hell did I do and was really pissed. I couldn't remember doing anything that would cause a big scratch...then the next time she got in with her monster purse with all sorts of metal bits and pieces sticking out and added a second mark all was clear and the "rule" was in effect. Too late for the CRV, but good for my Miata and now the Civic.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
It's just inspiring to read from young folks who appreciate the rewards of your own work. I wouldn't for a second, fault you for wanting to preserve the fruits of your labor. How refreshing it is to hear from people who actually work for and care about their things as opposed to some teenaged Kardashian/Jenner slut devoid of reality from birth and given a Ferrari as casually as the rest of us are a given a forgettable birthday card.

Last edited:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a bottle of interior cleaner in my center console with a microfiber. I'd hand them the rag and bottle and tell them "make it look like it did before you got in."
LOL. Awesome!

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I started a "no purse in the front seat" rule after my wife put a huge scratch on my brand new CRV's glove box. When I first saw the scrape I thought what the hell did I do and was really pissed. I couldn't remember doing anything that would cause a big scratch...then the next time she got in with her monster purse with all sorts of metal bits and pieces sticking out and added a second mark all was clear and the "rule" was in effect. Too late for the CRV, but good for my Miata and now the Civic.
Had the same experience when my wife had a large purse. Rings also can scratch the glove box.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My fiancee puts her feet (with sandals) up on my dashboard while I'm driving. I keep telling her to stop and she won't. I also don't like how it's a safety hazard..but I clean it every 3-4 days, no harm no foul....until she scratches it. But yet when we get a new SUV/truck in September, if I put one mark of dirt on hers, I'm a dead man. :dunno: Makes no sense to me....you can damage my car but if I touch yours, I'm in trouble...(yet she doesn't care if she scratches it herself...)

But yeah, my friends were the same, not caring much. The very first time I had people in the back seat, my guy friend sitting behind me got out of the car when i dropped him off, and when I went to the back to get my things, all I seen was dirt everywhere on the door sill, and my perfectionist self freaked, and I immediately cleaned my car up. And that's why from now on, I'm either going to tie them to the roof or stuff them in the trunk. :D

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yea, I had a friend get into my car and put his large camera with telephoto lens on the dashboard, sure enough I later found a scratch. I'm going to be more attuned to what passengers are doing. I plan to keep this car for a long time and want to keep it in good shape.
Sponsored