Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
So @Kcswann posted civic si sedan visors up for sale from the link below.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/si-parts.43036/#post-708389

I sent him $30 via paypal on November 9th. It's December 10th now.

I sent him the $30 as a friend transaction to avoid the fee as we usually do on this forum.

I did note a visor sale in the paypal transaction.

I have tried to email his email that his paypal is attached to.

Is there any form of action that can be made via paypal, etc, or should I just eat the 30 bucks and make sellers pay fees from now on?

I'm surprised the forum doesn't offer a middle man fee like stockx or something.

Sent to
Kyle Swann
[email protected]
Note
Visor sale. Thank you!
Details
Sent to Kyle Swann
$30.00
Total
$30.00

https://www.civicx.com/members/kcswann.21830/
Sponsored

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
iirc, PayPal doesn't let you chargeback if you send via F&F. If you really can't reach him, your best bet is to file a dispute with your credit card issuer or bank. Always pay via G&S in the future in case it happens again, because trust me, it will happen again. :/ Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
iirc, PayPal doesn't let you chargeback if you send via F&F. If you really can't reach him, your best bet is to file a dispute with your credit card issuer or bank. Always pay via G&S in the future in case it happens again, because trust me, it will happen again. :/ Hope this helps!
Okay thanks man. Luckily I didn’t get scammed on the 300-500$ purchases I made here. 30 bucks is nada but it’s the principle.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
didn't you already make a post about this last week?

In general when paying a total stranger from a forum you should pay via G&S and they should make you pay the amount the fee would be, like if I was selling something for $30 and someone wanted to pay with paypal I would make them pay me like $31.50 to cover the paypal fee, if the buyer isn't willing to cover the paypal fee (and shipping) then they can buy from someone else, I prefer to sell locally for cash anyway, the last time I shipped something after selling on a forum classifieds section Fedex forked it up and busted the lenses and so i had to refund the buyer enough to buy replacement lenses and set him up with the manufacturer to supply him the lenses because the manufacture doesn't sell piece meal, they only sell entire kits. Never again, all local from here on out.

as a buyer of parts via forums I have always paid both the paypal fee and shipping cost on top of the agreed upon purchase price unless the add specifically says those are included in the listed price.

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag

In general when paying a total stranger from a forum you should pay via G&S and they should make you pay the amount the fee would be, like if I was selling something for $30 and someone wanted to pay with paypal I would make them pay me like $31.50 to cover the paypal fee, if the buyer isn't willing to cover the paypal fee (and shipping) then they can buy from someone else, I prefer to sell locally for cash anyway, the last time I shipped something after selling on a forum classifieds section Fedex forked it up and busted the lenses and so i had to refund the buyer enough to buy replacement lenses and set him up with the manufacturer to supply him the lenses because the manufacture doesn't sell piece meal, they only sell entire kits. Never again, all local from here on out.

as a buyer of parts via forums I have always paid both the paypal fee and shipping cost on top of the agreed upon purchase price unless the add specifically says those are included in the listed price.

Why would I post about It twice..?

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag

Hmmm i feel like someones hiding behind a secret account :dunno:

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What you think that guy is the scammer ? Lol
LOL no no no

More just a joke about his name and location info he has. I mean he did just make his account thursday so who knows lmao

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
LOL no no no

More just a joke about his name and location info he has. I mean he did just make his account thursday so who knows lmao
Lmao. He came in hot talking smack for no reason. Some people seem like they’re always trying to egg on an argument. He needs to check his name and mind his own (hypocritical).

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lmao. He came in hot talking smack for no reason. A lot of ppl on the forum are just here to project their shitty lives on people that grace the forums It seems. He needs to check his name and mind his own (hypocritical).
I mean, he gave solid advice. The delivery could have been more... Gentle lol

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
Yes he did have some decent advice but after a dumb statement everything else that follows is that is basically null.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Why would I post about It twice..?
I could have sworn I remember someone posting last week or maybe the week before (back around Thanksgiving) about something along this line, maybe i'm just getting you mistaken for another user, seamed like the same situation, money was sent as Family instead of G&S and product never arrived, was that not you? Maybe I'm just connecting the dots in my head because 2 different people got scammed in the same fashion in a matter of weeks on the same forum and posted about it if that wasn't you. I can't find the post now but I swear I remember seeing one.

Hmmm i feel like someones hiding behind a secret account :dunno:
so what if I am? does this have anything to do with the topic at hand, am I spamming or breaking any rules? Why are you seemingly so easily offended? I asked a QUESTION because it sounded like a familiar story. You might want to look into why you feel the need to jump down someones throat over nothing at all.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I could have sworn I remember someone posting last week or maybe the week before (back around Thanksgiving) about something along this line, maybe i'm just getting you mistaken for another user, seamed like the same situation, money was sent as Family instead of G&S and product never arrived, was that not you? Maybe I'm just connecting the dots in my head because 2 different people got scammed in the same fashion in a matter of weeks on the same forum and posted about it if that wasn't you. I can't find the post now but I swear I remember seeing one.

so what if I am? does this have anything to do with the topic at hand, am I spamming or breaking any rules? Why are you seemingly so easily offended? I asked a QUESTION because it sounded like a familiar story. You might want to look into why you feel the need to jump down someones throat over nothing at all.
Woah, wasnt trying to offend. I was poking fun at your obviously a little funny info. But yeah ill look into it.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

You have a similar writing style to daniel644. You him? Sorry im just curious now
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.