I need help with new wheels and Offset, please!

Kasra!

That green one.
First Name
Kasra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Energy Green
Honda Civic 10th gen I need help with new wheels and Offset, please! IMG_6526.PNG Honda Civic 10th gen I need help with new wheels and Offset, please! IMG_6527.PNG Honda Civic 10th gen I need help with new wheels and Offset, please! IMG_5822.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen I need help with new wheels and Offset, please! IMG_6526.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen I need help with new wheels and Offset, please! IMG_6527.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen I need help with new wheels and Offset, please! IMG_5822.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen I need help with new wheels and Offset, please! IMG_6526.PNG Honda Civic 10th gen I need help with new wheels and Offset, please! IMG_6527.PNG Okay guys so I am on a budget and really in need of new wheels. I honestly dont know anything about offset and fitment and all. I am looking to buy the jnc 021 and they only offer 18x9.5 with 20-25 offset, this is for my coupe and I am lowered on coilovers. I dont want the wheel to stickout at all, just want something to fit right! I also want to put on my current tires which are 235/40/18, Will these be good for my car? Or should I consider something else?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Your current offset is +50, so +20 (is that what "ET = 20" means?) will stick out more.

235-width tires are pretty narrow for 9.5" rims, too.

I wouldn't get those wheels, at least not in that offset with those tires.

Remember, we have a whole subforum for wheels n' tires:
http://www.civicx.com/forums/wheels-tires.16/

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With a 9.5 and +20, you'll stick out around 3 cm
If you want to use stock tires, aim for 8-8.5 width and +30, that should be pretty flush

OP
OP
Kasra!

Kasra!

That green one.
First Name
Kasra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With a 9.5 and +20, you'll stick out around 3 cm
If you want to use stock tires, aim for 8-8.5 width and +30, that should be pretty flush
Thank You Man I appreciate your help, will do!

OP
OP
Kasra!

Kasra!

That green one.
First Name
Kasra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your current offset is +50, so +20 (is that what "ET = 20" means?) will stick out more.

235-width tires are pretty narrow for 9.5" rims, too.

I wouldn't get those wheels, at least not in that offset with those tires.

Remember, we have a whole subforum for wheels n' tires:
http://www.civicx.com/forums/wheels-tires.16/
Thank you Man! Appreciate it! And I'm sorry I'm new on here I wasn't aware of that :(

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you Man! Appreciate it! And I'm sorry I'm new on here I wasn't aware of that :(
F*CKING N00000OOOB!!! ;-)

Yeah, there's a lot of sections on this site. For some reason, wheels stump more people than they should, too; maybe it's because wheels are such an easy way to personalize a car without gluing or drilling anything that a lot of owners get them.

The best tire-and-wheel size comparison tool these days is tiresize.com -- I keep going there to remind myself which combinations of tire width & sidewall, plus wheel width/diameter/offset, would stay within the space occupied by the stock wheels. 235/40-18 on 18x8 +50 is the size for Sport hatchbacks and the Si coupes/sedans; the Type-R runs 245-width 20" wheels and tires, but I forget the sidewall depth (aka "aspect ratio") of its tires.

krtnchls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
F*CKING N00000OOOB!!! ;-)

Yeah, there's a lot of sections on this site. For some reason, wheels stump more people than they should, too; maybe it's because wheels are such an easy way to personalize a car without gluing or drilling anything that a lot of owners get them.

The best tire-and-wheel size comparison tool these days is tiresize.com -- I keep going there to remind myself which combinations of tire width & sidewall, plus wheel width/diameter/offset, would stay within the space occupied by the stock wheels. 235/40-18 on 18x8 +50 is the size for Sport hatchbacks and the Si coupes/sedans; the Type-R runs 245-width 20" wheels and tires, but I forget the sidewall depth (aka "aspect ratio") of its tires.
---> just want to ask if the measurements mentioned for the sports hatchback will fit well on a lx hatchback? planning to change from 16' to 18' but having a hard time looking for the right size so thinking of just doing same size from sports trim? would really appreciate knowledgable advices from you guys. thanks

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
---> just want to ask if the measurements mentioned for the sports hatchback will fit well on a lx hatchback? planning to change from 16' to 18' but having a hard time looking for the right size so thinking of just doing same size from sports trim? would really appreciate knowledgable advices from you guys. thanks
Yup, it'll be fine. In fact, I could go the other way and use LX wheels on my Sport Touring, because the brakes on my car are the same as on an LX (tbh, they look kinda silly inside the stock 18's).

For most of our trim levels, the wheels are basically interchangeable. Bolt pattern, brake sizes, wheel well dimensions, and suspensions are the same. I may ask a nearby dealer for takeoff steel 16's to use for winter wheels, too.

The Si has bigger front brakes, so although it uses the same wheels as the Sport hatchbacks, it wouldn't be able to use wheels as small as the others (well, maybe 17's and not 16's; check the Si subforum). The Type-R has even bigger brakes, noticeably fatter calipers, and a 5x120 bolt pattern, so you wouldn't be able to swap Type-R wheels onto your Civic.

krtnchls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup, it'll be fine. In fact, I could go the other way and use LX wheels on my Sport Touring, because the brakes on my car are the same as on an LX (tbh, they look kinda silly inside the stock 18's).

For most of our trim levels, the wheels are basically interchangeable. Bolt pattern, brake sizes, wheel well dimensions, and suspensions are the same. I may ask a nearby dealer for takeoff steel 16's to use for winter wheels, too.

The Si has bigger front brakes, so although it uses the same wheels as the Sport hatchbacks, it wouldn't be able to use wheels as small as the others (well, maybe 17's and not 16's; check the Si subforum). The Type-R has even bigger brakes, noticeably fatter

The Si has bigger front brakes, so although it uses the same wheels as the Sport hatchbacks, it wouldn't be able to use wheels as small as the others (well, maybe 17's and not 16's; check the Si subforum). The Type-R has even bigger brakes, noticeably fatter calipers, and a 5x120 bolt pattern, so you wouldn't be able to swap Type-R wheels onto your Civic.
Thanks a lot man! Now i can start looking now. Would you prefer the 18s? Or other size would be better?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think 18's are plenty big. I kinda wince every time I drive over cracks and expansion joints, though. I can swear I hear the rims hit sometimes before the suspension has a chance to react and absorb the hit.

krtnchls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ow i see. Now i should consider those first and still gonna think what to get now. At first i was decided to get the 18’s but after you told me that now im considering getting the 17” or stick to 16”. Thanks again, really appreciated everything as im a newbie in the car scene. Thanks fam
Sponsored