AlexFK7

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So I installed torque on my 2017 civic hatch and I am trying to connect my bluetooth ob2 reader to the console but it is not showing up on the list of bluetooth devices i can connect to. Does anyone know how i can pair the obd2 reader to the console with the bluetooth on my civic?
Sponsored

Gfunkmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r
So I installed torque on my 2017 civic hatch and I am trying to connect my bluetooth ob2 reader to the console but it is not showing up on the list of bluetooth devices i can connect to. Does anyone know how i can pair the obd2 reader to the console with the bluetooth on my civic?
I am having the same problem and can not find anywhere how to do it. Did u ever get it working

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ran into this issue 2 weeks ago. Funny how, the head unit can pick up K-tuner or Hondata Bluetooth signals but apparently it's programmed to only recognize Bluetooth from phones. As a work around, I returned my Bluetooth OBD2 dongle and purchased a WiFi version. Works great .

refer to this thread

https://www.civicx.com/threads/pids-for-torque-torque-pro.23291/page-2

Gfunkmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r

djentlguy

[ Civic 2017 Coupe EX-T ]
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Coupe EX-T
The brand I’m using is Veepeak. Amazon sells it and it has pretty good ratings.
Anyone had success in pairing the head unit to a generic bluetooth obd2 adapter? I tried the pin code trick ( 1234 ) for my device
[ https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Blue...29970889&sr=8-5&keywords=panlong+obd2+scanner ]

but it didnt work even after several attempts. Is there a custom bluetooth apk I can use to pair the device ? I dont want to use the wifi adapters since I usually use it to access music,waze,spotify via my phones hotspot.

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Anyone had success in pairing the head unit to a generic bluetooth obd2 adapter? I tried the pin code trick ( 1234 ) for my device
[ https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Blue...29970889&sr=8-5&keywords=panlong+obd2+scanner ]

but it didnt work even after several attempts. Is there a custom bluetooth apk I can use to pair the device ? I dont want to use the wifi adapters since I usually use it to access music,waze,spotify via my phones hotspot.

A few posts back, I mentioned that a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle is not compatible with our head units. Therefore you have to utilize a WiFi OND2 dongle instead.

VeePeak is a good brand, spent 20 bucks on Amazon for mine and it works great!

djentlguy

[ Civic 2017 Coupe EX-T ]
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Coupe EX-T
Wifi works I know. But, I am looking for bluetooth solution ...and the reason why I dont want to use wifi is on my earlier post - " I dont want to use the wifi adapters since I usually use it to access music,waze,spotify via my phones hotspot."

Is there a custom bluetooth app android HU can use to pair another device? Even if it is not a cellphone?

carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Wifi works I know. But, I am looking for bluetooth solution ...and the reason why I dont want to use wifi is on my earlier post - " I dont want to use the wifi adapters since I usually use it to access music,waze,spotify via my phones hotspot."

Is there a custom bluetooth app android HU can use to pair another device? Even if it is not a cellphone?
Did you ever find a solution? I'm thinking I might try a USB one.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
From my understanding, at some point Honda changed the head unit firmware so the Bluetooth would only pair with phones. No one has publicly figured out how to hack the head unit to allow pairing to anything other than a phone.

Ktuner and TunerView got around this by figuring out how to talk to each other over Bluetooth without being paired to the head unit. KTuner had to update the firmware for their device to do that.

If you can’t pair a Bluetooth obdii dongle to the head unit you won’t be able to use obdii software on the head unit.

It’s doubtful you can pair a BT obdii dongle to any 2019 Civic model.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I’m thinking I’m just gonna use a iPhone mount from proclip and then just use a regular BT dongle to shoot info to my IPhone rather than finger out how to get it onto the headunit. Question is, does the autel ap200 work for Dash command apps or does it only work for autel apps

I’m planning on keeping the car stock for a long time so getting a Hondata isn’t an option for me right now

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I never got BT working, so I bought a USB one.
do you mind giving a link to the USB one you used?
I just tested a wifi one, it worked, but it kept disconnecting throughout the drive from Torque Pro