Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
i can see where you're coming from, but that is settling. that's your personal choice. Odds are i won't do it for the reasons you list, but i mean either way i will get out of this car early and loose money to drive a car that i won't be settling for
Yeah I settled for this Civic to get me by (because my Trailblazer is losing like half a quart for every 1,000 miles driven and runs a little hot so it was time to take it out of daily driver duty) till I can save up enough money to get a C7 vette, now that car I will be more picky about when it comes to color.
Sponsored

OP
OP

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Country flag
the c7 or c8? i know the c8 has a whole lot of options to choose from lol

but yea i wanted this car to be my daily driver, i live 5 mins from where i work, so a manual transmission saves me some money on gas. but ultimately this was just a question of if it is possible to do that

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i live 5 mins from where i work, so a manual transmission saves me some money on gas.
No it doesn't. You are living in the past. Automatic transmissions are more economical than manuals. You get worse gas mileage with the manual. Not a reason to trade cars.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
the c7 or c8? i know the c8 has a whole lot of options to choose from lol

but yea i wanted this car to be my daily driver, i live 5 mins from where i work, so a manual transmission saves me some money on gas. but ultimately this was just a question of if it is possible to do that
C7, not the C8, thing looks like a Ferrari not a vette, I buy used to save money.

No it doesn't. You are living in the past. Automatic transmissions are more economical than manuals. You get worse gas mileage with the manual. Not a reason to trade cars.
googled it, the 6 speed gets like 2 MPG better in the EPA highway rating, same city mileage though, so for a short drive like the OP has probably wouldn't notice any difference in fuel mileage and even then with that low a mileage being driven the fuel savings would never come close enough to justify the cost of the switch.
Sponsored