i need help advice

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Country flag
Soooooo last month i pulled the trigger on getting my 2019 sports HB in lunar silver cvt. i knew there were about 2 HBs with the 6mt, just up north ( im from deep south tx, the closet one was 6 hrs away)

Well one of the 2 local dealerships just got a 2020 sport HB in sonic grey, with the 6mt.

i leased my current one sooooooo.....im tempted to pull he trigger again lol
good or bad idea?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Soooooo last month i pulled the trigger on getting my 2019 sports HB in lunar silver cvt. i knew there were about 2 HBs with the 6mt, just up north ( im from deep south tx, the closet one was 6 hrs away)

Well one of the 2 local dealerships just got a 2020 sport HB in sonic grey, with the 6mt.

i leased my current one sooooooo.....im tempted to pull he trigger again lol
good or bad idea?
Financially? Probably a very bad idea. If there is ever a feature you want/need don't settle for anything less or make rash decisions because you want it now. Quickest way to end up with something you're less happy about and wondering what if.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Call your lease company, ask them to pull up the agreement and ask them, presumably you are 30 days or less? Ask them if there's an exit clause. It's not likely but ... Worth a shot. Lease agreements are satin. I hate them!

OP
OP

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Call your lease company, ask them to pull up the agreement and ask them, presumably you are 30 days or less? Ask them if there's an exit clause. It's not likely but ... Worth a shot. Lease agreements are satin. I hate them!
it just passed 30 days this past week. The dealership i got it from actually has a hb 6mt but doesnt want to show it to me.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
wait so you want to end the lease you just started a month ago, so you can get a 2020 over a 2019?

OP
OP

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
wait so you want to end the lease you just started a month ago, so you can get a 2020 over a 2019?
to get the car i wanted to get originally, yes.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I am not slick enough to pull this off but there are site's out there. You basically give your car to someone else ... They satisfy the monthly payment for you to the end of term. What is your monthly payment? I mean someone may take the deal if dollars are reasonable. It's a loosing proposition regardless.

Pbergmann

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sedan EX-L
Country flag
:doh:Why not let the lease run out. Then pick up a new 2024?
This will be the best resolution.
It will test your patience but think what you'll learn from the experience

Last edited:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
It's TX so you can pull the trigger as often as you wish until you get the color you like, and besides, YOLO. :nixon:

I say go for it. It's only money. And, if you rent instead of leasing, you can have a different almost new car whenever you want. :bump:

OP
OP

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's TX so you can pull the trigger as often as you wish until you get the color you like, and besides, YOLO. :nixon:

I say go for it. It's only money. And, if you rent instead of leasing, you can have a different almost new car whenever you want. :bump:
i iike your style. lmao

the back story is i wanted a 6mt sonic grey HB sport, but was told before i traded in my 2016 EX-T sedan that the car i wanted was a needle in a haystack. even made a tread here to see if it really was that uncommon, and well it seems like it is. IF i keep my current sport, i am going to terminate the lease early regardless to get into the sport touring in sonic grey with the 6mt now that it is an option...unless they start making the SI in hb, but i wont count my chickens on that one.

Im kinda second guessing going to see it, but this it is the car i initially wanted:dunno:

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
to get the car i wanted to get originally, yes.
I'm sorry but giving up however much money you are gonna lose just to get the color and a manual like you wanted is fucking stupid, but it's your money, if you like to pointlessly waste it, more power to you, I prefer to get my money to go as far as I can and get the most for it.

I have sacrificed color choice many times to get the car that was otherwise close enough to what I wanted, to lose what will likely be thousands of dollars is just foolish to me.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
First world problems. Millions of kids around the globe are dying cause they got nothing to eat and you’re thinking to drop 10large just to get a color you think you want. Man, donate a half of that money and go travel for the rest. Jeez, what’s going on with this world???

OP
OP

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
first world problems? :thumbsdown:

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not that serious. It's cognitive dissonance. Normal.

OP
OP

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry but giving up however much money you are gonna lose just to get the color and a manual like you wanted is fucking stupid, but it's your money, if you like to pointlessly waste it, more power to you, I prefer to get my money to go as far as I can and get the most for it.

I have sacrificed color choice many times to get the car that was otherwise close enough to what I wanted, to lose what will likely be thousands of dollars is just foolish to me.

i can see where you're coming from, but that is settling. that's your personal choice. Odds are i won't do it for the reasons you list, but i mean either way i will get out of this car early and loose money to drive a car that i won't be settling for
Sponsored