Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
first of all i think its sad you spent 8k on mods , it hurt the cars resale value, Second the car will be obsolete in 2 years if not already by other cars on the road . Spend 50-60k and just upgrade
Sponsored

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
The head unit on the 2020 model probably isn't much better. You get a volume knob, but it's probably just as slow and responsive. You do get LogR if you go 2020 or newer though, which is a plus; some people have gotten some stuff to work on the 2019 though it hasn't been verified how accurate the readings are.

I'm surprised you can't get traction in 3rd, granted you've swapped out springs which could cause some of the issues you're seeing. I'm on all season tires and able to put the hammer down in 3rd gear easily while 1st and 2nd need finessing to get going fast (it's possible though). Alternatively you can tune the car Hondata and use their traction control to get over this issue. Normally though 60-70% throttle in 1st gear and 65-75% throttle in 2nd gear (stock) and I won't slip. If I push much further than that the tires will spin and TCS will kick in.

I didn't know the SportContact 6 couldn't be rotated, I don't see anything about the tire saying they couldn't be. They don't seem directional, they're not staggered, there's really no reason why they can't be rotated. They aren't supposed to last super long anyways (like 10k miles), but nothing should be stopping you from rotating them every 3-5k miles.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your insides are worn. If your individual tire is wearing unevenly, that's an alignment issue that might be something to rectify. If you mean inside (vs outside) with respect to the driving line, don't be a NASCAR driver and only take left turns :p
the one thing the 2020 has vs all other years is the cars safety features and the ability to chill while driving the car with LKAS, Adaptive cruise and lane departure on. All while laid back having the volume knob while the car practically drives itself. The new adaptive dampers help alot with comfort vs all previous years, also auto high beams at night is great.

The 2019 CTR was an improvment having the fan controls under the radio and the volume knob which made it more intuitive .The 2017 and 2018 had none of these . I owned a 2018 CTR and hated driving it , trying to control the fan speed, or raising the volume.

Also hated the honey comb vents on the 2017-2019 they are a pain to get dry after washing the car ,you have to use a leaf blower to get all the water out. 2020 does not have this issue.I also have heated mirrors now on the side view mirrors, whats stupid though why didnt they just include some blind spot mitigation, I am always looking over my shoulder..

If the next CTR does NOT have electric motors AWD , instant torque , i am done with this car and either getting a Tesla long range when they have at least 400-500miles range , for my use case high altitude , snowy cold weather is not a match for RWD or even FWD during some days.

During the winter months i am having no fun with the stock oem tires. Quite dangerous around 40 degrees

Last edited:

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Summer tires are never going to be fun in the winter, doesn't matter if its AWD RWD FWD the tires aren't going to perform as well as an all season or winter tire. You will also run a risk of damage to the tread them as they harden.

Any ICE vehicle won't have the instant torque of a fully electric vehicle either, so I guess better get ready for the Tesla? I get having issues with stuff like the infotainment and grilles but Honda didn't invent physics.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sold the car.

Why are you so offended about the truth of the headunit? Are you unable to take any criticism of your car lol?
Yeah, especially compared to the HU in the Accord. The Civic has a pretty bad one across the board.

Also you sold your car?? Damn

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, especially compared to the HU in the Accord. The Civic has a pretty bad one across the board.

Also you sold your car?? Damn
Yeah, I was getting tired as my running cost was nearing 1800 a month for the car (car payment, parking, insurance, gas, running-costs etc...)

I miss the car a lot though but I think it'll be worth it seeing I can save a crazy amount of money per month now.

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
I mean just yesterday I had a drunk homeless person shoot a artillery shell under my car while I was driving....I did buy a 2000 civic and put new winter tires on it ?
That must be an exclusive Type R problem. I haven't heard of any other model of civics getting attacked by artillery shells by drunk people on this site. I would probably call Honda to investigate.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I was getting tired as my running cost was nearing 1800 a month for the car (car payment, parking, insurance, gas, running-costs etc...)

I miss the car a lot though but I think it'll be worth it seeing I can save a crazy amount of money per month now.
Oh I hear you dude. I actually got a promotion and decent pay bump right as I sold my car so I'm excited to save a ton more money over the next few years. Cut my running costs by over 60% thanks to a combination of car payment, gas, and insurance by getting rid of it and now I have a lot more money coming in which is going to allow me to make a real estate purchase probably in the next year or so.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh I hear you dude. I actually got a promotion and decent pay bump right as I sold my car so I'm excited to save a ton more money over the next few years. Cut my running costs by over 60% thanks to a combination of car payment, gas, and insurance by getting rid of it and now I have a lot more money coming in which is going to allow me to make a real estate purchase probably in the next year or so.
Yeah exactly! It's depressing but then you see all that money going into your savings and then you forget about it haha ?

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
first of all i think its sad you spent 8k on mods , it hurt the cars resale value, Second the car will be obsolete in 2 years if not already by other cars on the road . Spend 50-60k and just upgrade
So it's a better financial decision to keep buying/upgrading to $40-60K cars every few years? These are both terrible financial moves ? but probably $8K in mods + keeping the car a long time is the least dumb.

Between PPF, tint, winter wheels/tires, and a simple catback exhaust, I bet I'm gonna be about $8K in "mods" into my car.....and that's me who wants to keep it basically stock. Except I plan on keeping this car for MANY years like most of my previous cars....because I buy cars I actually like on more than a fad what's best at the moment basis.

I mean, just getting rid of my 4yo GTI is seriously bothering me. Neither me nor anyone else in my family had ever kept a car less than like 8-10 years, most more than that lol so I don't feel bad doing some things I like to it. Constantly swapping cars is the real waste of money.

During the winter months i am having no fun with the stock oem tires. Quite dangerous around 40 degrees
Pretty sure this applies to almost any car......summer tires, especially ones like those that come stock on the CTR, are literally only meant for warm (preferably dry) weather.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sold the car.

Why are you so offended about the truth of the headunit? Are you unable to take any criticism of your car lol?
Oh not offended at all, are you?Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Your truth is just different from mine and I thought we are just having a conversation in written form. What car do you drive now? Peace!

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
go take it to the track.. you will appreciate the car alot more after that day
Lmao why are you using that turd's picture as your avatar?

So it's a better financial decision to keep buying/upgrading to $40-60K cars every few years? These are both terrible financial moves ? but probably $8K in mods + keeping the car a long time is the least dumb.

Between PPF, tint, winter wheels/tires, and a simple catback exhaust, I bet I'm gonna be about $8K in "mods" into my car.....and that's me who wants to keep it basically stock. Except I plan on keeping this car for MANY years like most of my previous cars....because I buy cars I actually like on more than a fad what's best at the moment basis.

I mean, just getting rid of my 4yo GTI is seriously bothering me. Neither me nor anyone else in my family had ever kept a car less than like 8-10 years, most more than that lol so I don't feel bad doing some things I like to it. Constantly swapping cars is the real waste of money.

Pretty sure this applies to almost any car......summer tires, especially ones like those that come stock on the CTR, are literally only meant for warm (preferably dry) weather.
I've spent about $7.5k on breathing and go faster parts, and $3k on my wheels/tires. No regrets. But I plan on keeping the car as long as I can. Shit when I was getting my parts off my totaled 19, I sabotaged it so whoever got the salvage wouldn't be able to do shit. OH I get a k20c1 in this auction?! Nope, no you don't..

Only thing left for mine power wise is the PRL turbo and then I'll be set. 500-600hp is a crazy amount for this car. The cost for it is steep as well.

Whoever said Type R parts are cheap, better pass me whatever that is you're smoking

Last edited:

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh not offended at all, are you?Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Your truth is just different from mine and I thought we are just having a conversation in written form. What car do you drive now? Peace!
oh haha my bad. I drive nothing now :')

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Type R isn’t expensive to own. It’s about the average cost of a new car in the US.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
:cool:
hhah he wants to be famous.. im helping him out
Hardest of the parkers.

"i BrOuGhT hOnDaTa tO tHe StAtEs" and am on their non existent board.... Lolol what a bad con man
Sponsored