I love my Type R but............

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yep, not much sentimental attachment to my car, either.

It’s a machine by the end of the day. Machines are all replaceable.
Sponsored

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I absolutely love driving my car. Stupid people? sure they are out there, but that's why you have insurance.

Ask your insurance company to insure your aftermarket parts.

I think your traction and tire wear issues are due to your suspension mods.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Make sure your toe is zeroed out, otherwise some wear on the inside is normal due to camber, and its not the end of the world.

No clue why youre spinning 3rd gear away with your car though, never had that issue even on older hondas. My GSR with 430hp/300tq would dead hook 3rd on measly 205s.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I’m with you, OP!
Ive developed OCD since owning my CTR. I don’t ever drive it during rush hour times, park in between other cars, or near palm trees etc. I love driving it to the point where I don’t want to drive it, if that makes sense lol. 100% worried about other drivers. The 2018 civic si I had before, got hit a couple hundred yards away from my house by an older lady who didn’t realize I was making a left turn and she started to pull forward in the intersection and clipped my rear quarter panel ($3,000 in damage), took a hit on trade in value, but got back $700 in a diminished value claim.
Since getting the CTR, I purchased a 2006 Mazda 6 for $1,800 to do all of my daily errands, gym, shopping, etc. I am so much less stressed out driving it, don’t worry about parking in between cars, door dings etc.
I was actually a red light on my way to the gym the other day and I feel a minor shove from the rear. I look in my rear view and voila! A Honda Fit is in my bumper! I get out and and I’m like wtfff man??! He says “I’m really sorry my foot slipped off the brake”. I don’t see any damage (bumper was already scuffed up) so I say don’t worry about it. Now if I decided to take my CTR to the gym that day and that happened, I’d have a meltdown lol. So that incident has caused me to constantly be monitoring my rear view of people getting close to my rear. I did end up getting a flashing 3rd brake to for some added security, although in that particular situation wouldn’t have helped.
So of course, people are going to say it’s just a car and bla bla, but to me it’s so much more. I treat it like it’s a invaluable, I’ve racked up 3,500 miles in a year and I live in Florida so good weather all year.
So I know accidents can happen, but if I can lessen those changes just a bit, then I will.

OP
OP
firelu21

firelu21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah it sucks some days I did buy a winter daily. I mean if the car gets totaled for some reason I'll get like 32-33k I mean were would I buy another fk8 it literally took me 3 years to get a 2018 with 6k miles on it and I got a good deal. And with all the mods some days I just think I really wanted this car but now I dont want to drive it cause it might be worth something down the road.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I mean just yesterday I had a drunk homeless person shoot a artillery shell under my car while I was driving....I did buy a 2000 civic and put new winter tires on it ?
Seems to be less of a stupid people/Type R problem and more of a who the hell is running your city problem ? just the mention of a homeless guy going Call of Duty Warzone on your mode of transportation tells me you must be somewhere in Cali. Vote incompetence out.....

Yeah it sucks some days I did buy a winter daily. I mean if the car gets totaled for some reason I'll get like 32-33k I mean were would I buy another fk8 it literally took me 3 years to get a 2018 with 6k miles on it and I got a good deal. And with all the mods some days I just think I really wanted this car but now I dont want to drive it cause it might be worth something down the road.
Dude......don't think like this lol want to make money? Sell it, invest that in the market, and "down the road" buy it back with some of the profits you made on the principle.

Cars are meant to be driven. Even some we look at now that seem to have "appreciated" or held their value have technically lost value when you factor in inflation, let alone lost profits from using that money for real investing.

You have a badass car.....take care of it but ENJOY IT!

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m with you, OP!
Ive developed OCD since owning my CTR. I don’t ever drive it during rush hour times, park in between other cars, or near palm trees etc. I love driving it to the point where I don’t want to drive it, if that makes sense lol. 100% worried about other drivers. The 2018 civic si I had before, got hit a couple hundred yards away from my house by an older lady who didn’t realize I was making a left turn and she started to pull forward in the intersection and clipped my rear quarter panel ($3,000 in damage), took a hit on trade in value, but got back $700 in a diminished value claim.
Since getting the CTR, I purchased a 2006 Mazda 6 for $1,800 to do all of my daily errands, gym, shopping, etc. I am so much less stressed out driving it, don’t worry about parking in between cars, door dings etc.
I was actually a red light on my way to the gym the other day and I feel a minor shove from the rear. I look in my rear view and voila! A Honda Fit is in my bumper! I get out and and I’m like wtfff man??! He says “I’m really sorry my foot slipped off the brake”. I don’t see any damage (bumper was already scuffed up) so I say don’t worry about it. Now if I decided to take my CTR to the gym that day and that happened, I’d have a meltdown lol. So that incident has caused me to constantly be monitoring my rear view of people getting close to my rear. I did end up getting a flashing 3rd brake to for some added security, although in that particular situation wouldn’t have helped.
So of course, people are going to say it’s just a car and bla bla, but to me it’s so much more. I treat it like it’s a invaluable, I’ve racked up 3,500 miles in a year and I live in Florida so good weather all year.
So I know accidents can happen, but if I can lessen those changes just a bit, then I will.
Hey man, that is the same type of thinking that eventually in combination with the rest of my anxiety made me get rid of it. At least you have a beater though - there's not enough space where I live for another car, so ultimately I just got something more sedate and that I don't feel like is so special that I don't want to drive it. Be careful with that kind of thought! It's no fun to get super stressed about driving your car like I was. And I had two accidents already on it! Trust me.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. It was your call to mod the car. And like someone said you will have this issue in any car. Damn, mods for Type-R are cheaper than other cars.
2. Though our head unit is slow. It's one of the most versatile unit from the factory that comes with CarPlay or Android auto, and you can hack it too if you like. I had to pay someone on my BMW just to get my CarPlay to show full screen.
3. Any car will have pros and cons. that includes more expensive cars. We have one of the best enthusiasts sports cars that is great for daily duty.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I would be OVERJOYED to buy back my "totaled" FK8 for pennies on the dollar!
(and that is a worst case scenario)

Life is tooooooooooo short to drive blah cars!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
I feel exactly the same for the head unit, there are aftermarket ones that are much fancier and faster but compatibility would be an issue. IMHO the best bet would be retrofit 11th gen civic HU few years later...honda e has some fancy infotainment (wireless carplay, better reaction, better navigation to name a few), hopefully few years from now they will be available on civics.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Compared to my GTI, I gotta admit the head unit in the CTR really sucks lol only worse than working it is that embarrassing rear camera, or at least the resolution of the image you see on the screen. It's like it's straight out of a 2012 CRV.

Still.....don't care, car as a whole is awesome.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
1. It was your call to mod the car. And like someone said you will have this issue in any car. Damn, mods for Type-R are cheaper than other cars.
2. Though our head unit is slow. It's one of the most versatile unit from the factory that comes with CarPlay or Android auto, and you can hack it too if you like. I had to pay someone on my BMW just to get my CarPlay to show full screen.
3. Any car will have pros and cons. that includes more expensive cars. We have one of the best enthusiasts sports cars that is great for daily duty.
The headunit in the 10th gen is far from the most versatile. Its a piece of junk compared to others.