Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
No, the negative number represents the total reduction of MSRP. I was thrown for a loop myself when I first looked at it but because no MSRP is currently available the dealers software makes it look like they owe me money 🤣
That's what I thought also. But since you say that no MSRP is available, don't be suprise when you have to fork over another $20k to $30K.
Sponsored

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I do feel for the 11th gen buyers a little bit, because this is the kinda thing that makes me worried while trying to secure the FK8 (at MSRP). Any crypto kid/millionaire could just stroll into a dealership, wave a 5-digit check, and basically took away someone else's allocation. Perhaps if the dealership stated that "highest deposit, takes allocation", then that's entirely different, but most I've seen during my FK8 search has been a written agreement with $x deposit. Perhaps this dealership did it differently, but if I was the person whose allocation was taken away from, I'd be pissed.

Also, if the dealership is too chicken shit to update the previous person who pre-ordered until he/she walked into the dealership at launch day, that could be a potential lawsuit (at worst). Though I agree is not OP's problem since he was the one waving the big check around to hungry sales peoples and they agreed to take it.

OP
OP
Type_RawR

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
That's what I thought also. But since you say that no MSRP is available, don't be suprise when you have to fork over another $20k to $30K.
The price in Japan has already leaked and it's a 5.2% bump from the outgoing model so roughly $40k. I'm optioning a few of the accessories and possibly the rust prevention so it's going to be more but the actual car itself will be MSRP. If the dealership decides they can't pass on the ADM I'll just pull my deposit and let someone else have it. My salesman has assured me they won't be marking the car up so we'll see if it holds true.

OP
OP
Type_RawR

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I do feel for the 11th gen buyers a little bit, because this is the kinda thing that makes me worried while trying to secure the FK8 (at MSRP). Any crypto kid/millionaire could just stroll into a dealership, wave a 5-digit check, and basically took away someone else's allocation. Perhaps if the dealership stated that "highest deposit, takes allocation", then that's entirely different, but most I've seen during my FK8 search has been a written agreement with $x deposit. Perhaps this dealership did it differently, but if I was the person whose allocation was taken away from, I'd be pissed.

Also, if the dealership is too chicken shit to update the previous person who pre-ordered until he/she walked into the dealership at launch day, that could be a potential lawsuit (at worst). Though I agree is not OP's problem since he was the one waving the big check around to hungry sales peoples and they agreed to take it.
Yeah I'd agree with you normally however I'm in kind of a unique position at the moment. My FK8 was totaled out a few weeks back and the deposit I just put down was from that settlement, I called my salesman he had a conversation with the GM about my situation and the GM gave the green light to come in and make a deposit. That's why I titled the post "I kinda feel bad...but not really"

OP
OP
Type_RawR

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do modern cars really need an undercoating treatment? The youngest kid is thinking about a 2023 and mentioned those packages. I read the fluff on the Honda website and it would be a hard NO! for me.

How long did the dealer project for delivery of you new car?

The dealer didn't share the final-final price with you?
I'd say they need it if you live in the rust belt like I do, as I was removing my AWE exhaust off my car before the salvage came to get it I noticed a good bit of rust starting to form in the bodies weld lines near where the exhaust hangs under the car. I was driving my FK8 all 4 seasons so no doubt that's the cause but with the humidity in my state even if it was parked on days of even mildly bad weather it would start to develop rust over time.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Just went over to civicxi and they definitely hate you over there lol.
F’ em. This is not some garden variety civic like an SI. Its a type R and very possibly the last ICE version plus built in japan.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'd say they need it if you live in the rust belt like I do, as I was removing my AWE exhaust off my car before the salvage came to get it I noticed a good bit of rust starting to form in the bodies weld lines near where the exhaust hangs under the car. I was driving my FK8 all 4 seasons so no doubt that's the cause but with the humidity in my state even if it was parked on days of even mildly bad weather it would start to develop rust over time.
I grew up in Ohio and never had rust issues on any of my families car. Maybe you drove it in snow and got salt kickup from salt trucks and didn't wash car. Although have to say underneath is hard to wash. I never had problem but I didn't go poking around underneath in those days.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Congrats, ignore the haters, and hopefully the dealers honor that MSRP promise......thats all i have to say on this lol

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Mazda 3
Country flag
I kind of get them being mad, but you are buying a car. Not keeping kids from having medicine or something. Money talks and seems like small beans to get upset about.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
LoL at that point I'll just withdraw my deposit.
I wonder if you have the option to recall your deposit either way, and get a loan for the full amount when the time comes to actually finalize everything. If the loan rates are low enough might make sense to just get the 30k back, and do a loan for the full amount (minus whatever down you want).

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I wonder if you have the option to recall your deposit either way, and get a loan for the full amount when the time comes to actually finalize everything. If the loan rates are low enough might make sense to just get the 30k back, and do a loan for the full amount (minus whatever down you want).
That would require a dealership 'care' and 'have your best interests in mind' lol. Sounds like a killer idea but my guess is they wouldn't go for it.
Sponsored